Mobile network problem

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
gordyh

Mobile network problem

Post by gordyh »

Hi,

Does anyone know why I can't view my cameras over a mobile network? Even with a good LTE signal it still won't connect. If I'm on WiFi its fine but can't access them over LTE. Is this likely to be an issue with the mobile network or a setting on the cameras?? I'm on the Tescos network and they use O2. Anyone else experienced this??

Thanks,

Gordon
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Mobile network problem

Post by Melvin »

Hello gordyh,

If you are using Iphone, please update the Amcrest app to the latest version.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

gordyh

Post by gordyh »

Hi Melvin,

Running app on an Android and is the latest version on the play store. V3.43.0102
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello gordyh,

You can try the port forwarding work around to fix this issue. Please find the video tutorial for the same below. Please give us a call on 1-888-212-7538 if you are still having issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbXHQqGgZKs
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

happy123

Post by happy123 »

is there a way to fix this issue without port forwarding? it worked without forwarding port and i would prefer not to port forward.

thank you
happy123

Post by happy123 »

i have an android ...or do you know if this issue is being worked on? if so when is the estimated time of repair
happy123

Post by happy123 »

ok 1 camera is working now...lets see when the other one will come back on....thanks for all the responses and help/advice :|
happy123

Post by happy123 »

how come i don't see my posts?? this must be why my questions were ignored on 2 threads..
gordyh

Post by gordyh »

Hi happy123,

I can see your posts! Try refreshing the page!

I have mine set up with port forwarding as I tried using another app to view them. Didn't seem to make any difference. Every now and then I can see cameras over mobile network, usually a frozen image. It seems very flaky. Not sure why, even with a good fast 4G connection it's still very bad!

Gordon
gordyh

Post by gordyh »

Hi Melvin,

Thought I'd get in touch again regarding this mobile network issue again as I've still not solved it. I ended up putting it down to something in my set up that won't allow it but I recommended Amcrest to a friend and he purchaser a 720P camera and is having exactly the same problem. Works fine over WiFi then won't connect using 4G.
I have port forwarding all set up and working, but this makes no difference to the Amcrest app.

Is there anything else I can try?
Could this be a problem with the app??

Regards,

Gordon