Mobile network problem

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Mobile network problem

Post by Melvin »

Hello gordyh ,

If you are using the Amcrest app, you shoukd port forward the TCP port of the camera and input that in the Amcrest View pro app.

If this does not help, please give us a call on 1-888-212-7538
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

jack7

Post by jack7 »

gordyh, you wrote:
I have mine set up with port forwarding as I tried using another app to view them. Didn't seem to make any difference. Every now and then I can see cameras over mobile network, usually a frozen image. It seems very flaky. Not sure why, even with a good fast 4G connection it's still very bad!
I had the same frozen image problem recently on a port forwarded camera with android app on cell service. In Live View, I checked the HD icon. It showed HD, I changed it to SD, and Live View works fine but Playback is a little slow because its HD. If your HD icon shows HD, you might see if SD helps.
gordyh

Post by gordyh »

Hi Melvin,

How do I input the TCP port into the Amcrest app?

Thanks,
Gordon

@jack7 thanks for the tip, mine is set to default to SD so don't think this is the problem. Thanks anyway.
Gordon
KodiakJack

Post by KodiakJack »

I have 3 ISO devices and 1 Android device running the applicable version of View Pro. Two of the ISO devices are able to view all of our 3 MP cameras on the AT & T network, no matter the location, just fine, as did my previous Android phone. The other ISO device and my new Android cellphone only work when home on the WiFi network when the router hasn't recently changed the IP address (more on this latter). I started looking into why this was today and noted that the 2 devices not working on the AT & T network are configured "Type: IP/Domain/DDNS". The 2 working just fine are configured "Type: P2P". Tethering for the purpose of re-configuring now is less than practical with the cameras mounted. As mentioned our router occasionally changes IP addresses but interestingly the Type: P2P configuration keeps up with the IP changes. So can anyone tell me how to change the configuration type from IP/Domain/DDNS to P2P on my phones running View Pro?
KodiakJack

Post by KodiakJack »

Solved!
I simply deleted all the cameras on the View Pro app on my Android cell phone and then set them up again using P2P configuration. Worked the same for the other iPhone.
Kmfuller

Post by Kmfuller »

I had the same problems trying to view my camera using my mobile network. I was able to fix the problem by re-adding my camera and using the serial number of the camera to register it on the mobile app not the IP address.
hcanning

Post by hcanning »

So as prob a reminder to myself

Go to Device Manager in the latest Android Amcrest View Pro App
1. Click Add Device and then "Search Device" whilst on same wifi as IP cams
2. Click on the found device and open it
3. See that all the fields are populated e.g. Serial, username, password etc...
4. Select "P2P Setup"
5. Upon setup completion view cams on cellular/mobile network/data mode with wifi disabled.

....that worked for me as opposed to the IP setup method.
Hopefully helps. :)