Micro SD card showing state as sleep

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
skyfall

Micro SD card showing state as sleep

Post by skyfall »

I have two IPM-723W bullet cameras set up outdoors using 64GB SanSidk micro SD cards for storage.

I powered off each camera, inserted the cards, and powered them back on. For camera #1 the card was immediately recognized and the state showed as "activity" with the free capacity and total capacity displayed.

Camera #2 shows the HDD state as "sleep" with the free and total capacity showing 0M. Every time I remove and reinsert the card it renames the HDD with an increment, ie. HDD 2, HDD 3, HDD 4.

For what it's worth, camera #1 has been flawless since I've installed it, but camera #2 has been intermittent on sending push notifications for motion detection.

Does anyone know how to format the HDD from the Amcrest View Pro app? I don't have a personal computer to install the web-app, so an in-camera format is my only option.
skyfall

Re: Micro SD card showing state as sleep

Post by skyfall »

Update: I got a PC onto my network and updated the camera's firmware, which resolved the SD card identification issue.
PFi

Post by PFi »

Why can't the camera update itself since it's online? Phones do it all the time automatically.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

PFi wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:36 pm Why can't the camera update itself since it's online? Phones do it all the time automatically.
I'm glad it doesn't. I've had nothing but issues with one of my cameras since the firmware update I shouldn't have done.