MESH NETWORK AND AMCREST CAMERAS

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bill_s

MESH NETWORK AND AMCREST CAMERAS

Post by bill_s »

I have several camera's located outside the house and they never received strong enough wireless signals to be reliable. I tried wireless repeaters but they didn't work reliably either. Last week I purchased a Netgear Mesh Network ORBI). After I installed it I checked the strength of the wireless signals in and around the house and found them to be quite strong near the cameras - about -50dbm, pretty good signal strength. However, the cameras no longer worked (though everything else worked) so I called support. The offshore support was not helpful and eventually I got a call from the support team in (I think) Texas. After about an hour and a half on the phone, they concluded that the cameras would not work with my Netgear Mesh Network. The explanation was something I didn't understand. Evidently my 9 month old cameras are now useless and I can't use them wirelessly. They also suggested that if I had a static IP the cameras would probably work. I have Verizon FIOS and a static IP is not an option that Verizon will provide to me. It appears that the 18 million Verizon customers are just out of luck. I'm out almost $300 and a lot amount of wasted time with this useless Amcrest stuff. Anybody have a solution for this??
t84a

Re: MESH NETWORK AND AMCREST CAMERAS

Post by t84a »

Your posts lacks sufficient info for anyone to help. After you set up your new network, did you reset your cameras and install them on your new network? Which cameras do you have? Exactly which Orbi model did you buy? Also, Orbi's are not mesh but that shouldn't matter. I suspect your issues are not Amcrest issues. It should work.
jamestx10

Post by jamestx10 »

They most likely were talking about static IPs for your cameras on your internal LAN not the WAN IP from Verizon.
IP2M-841
Oendaril

Post by Oendaril »

I have an Orbi and 3 pro hd's on wifi and they work just fine. And I agree with james, they were saying to set the internal IP for your cameras to static (though I'm not sure why that would matter). This is the IP that only your router and other devices inside your house can see, not the IP you use to connect outside your house.
mkahmann

Post by mkahmann »

I am using google wifi mesh system and I have had no problem getting the cameras (3) to install via scanning the QR code. All are working. I would do a factory reset and give that a try.