Managing Cameras Using Web Browser

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Lustdog

Re: Managing Cameras Using Web Browser

Post by Lustdog »

Using the above solution doesn't work for me...
I'm using win 7 64 bit on two desktop pcs with firefox 52.0.2 (64bit) and the latest adobe flash players.
bennor

Post by bennor »

Melvin wrote: We are currently working on a more permanent solution to the issue.
What is the update on this? Will there (ever) be a fix that doesn't require one to hack Firefix to access their DVR/cameras?
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

As far as I have been able to see, Firefox doesn't 'play nice' with Flash any longer and that's a deliberate Mozilla policy. The "about:config" hack didn't work for me but I can connect reliably with I.E. I prefer AMCREST View Pro on my iPhone and iPad and AMCREST Surveillance Pro works perfectly well on my PC so that's what I'm using
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
markplewis

Post by markplewis »

What is the status on a permanent solution to this nonsense? Plugins are dead. They have been for a long time. Amcrest is making their users compromise their security and/or jump through hoops to use products we paid for. Melvin, PLEASE provide and update.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello markplewis,

Currently the camera work on IE. On Firefox the workaround given in this thread works for most customers. For a permanent solution, we have raised this issue and the developers are looking into it.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

summermug20

Post by summermug20 »

And it still not fixed with:
Amcrest_IPC-AWXX_Eng_N_V2.420.AC00.18.R.20170521
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello summermug20 ,

Does the work around mentioned in the beginning of the post work?
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

brandonisneat

Post by brandonisneat »

Bumpity bump!

Here we are, almost a year after this thread started. After searching this issue,it's obviously pretty well known, I didn't see a reason to start yet another thread. Internet explorer hasn't been a acceptable browser in 5? 10? years but I tried it anyway. Opening IE made me throw up in my mouth and of course remote viewing didn't work. Plugins still aren't working in Chrome. The link to the retro version of Firefox on page 1 is dead. The method to fix Firefox further down on page one had the same results as Chrome - plugin required, download webplugin.exe...nothing.

How are people viewing their DVRs remotely?

I think I have everything on my DVR and router set up properly as I go to blahblahblah.amcrestddns.com:37776 and I get a login page that prompts for a plugin. I've checked canyouseeme and all is well. I'm have this: AMDV10818-4B4D-B

I'll call tech support but it's late, they're closed and I thought this post could help spread the word of a solution, if one were posted in a reply.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I did get remote viewing with the Surveillance Pro program on a remote (work) computer as well as my phone. I guess the only thing missing is web browser view in order to remote view without downloading a program.
HelpwithCam93

Post by HelpwithCam93 »

Is there an update to this issue? I recently purchase an Amcrest camera and I am getting the same message to repeatedly install the ActiveX plugin. I followed the instructions above and it did not fix the issue.
John94si

Post by John94si »

Download SeaMonkey browser.. it works perfectly and no plugin required.