Lost access to my Amcrest IP8M-2496EW

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
thusband

Lost access to my Amcrest IP8M-2496EW

Post by thusband »

I installed a new router and all my IP addresses changed now I can't see the one camera I have. I've tried all the unidentified IP addresses but none connect. What's the best way to restore the connection? Would a factory reset do it?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Lost access to my Amcrest IP8M-2496EW

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Factory reset would do it yes.

However if you know the IP of your camera it would be easier to just setup a second IP address on your computer that will give you access to it. So for me I have a lot of different networks and loads of different devices so I have a few extra IP's in my main computer this lets me just type the IP of the device I want while it is connected to my network even if my router don't know it is there..

I am doing this from a PC, using Ethernet, and is the best way for access to multi IP ranges. If your not able to connect using Ethernet and only have Wifi then best to reset the Camera.

To change access your Network info under Ipv4 properties. Then at the bottom of the page there is an advanced icon click that, Then add under IP addresses. then type in the address you know of the Camera like 192.168.1.108 however the last set of numbers change so it isn't the same like 192.168.1.118. pressing the tab key should fill in Sub Net with 255.255.255.0 then press the add button. Now your IP to your camera should be able to gain access too..

Once you gain access to your IP camera, log in, got to setup, Network, TCP/IP and change from Static to DHCP. This will change your IP when you save. Give it a little time and the browser might even change the address bar to reflect the new IP if it don't you can find that IP in your Routers IP table. Or you can Press Windows Key and R and type CMD and press enter, then type arp -a and it will list your IP address that are in your range of the Router.

You can also use IP Tools from Amcrest to search your cameras if you have it installed. Now I know you can enter the cameras password in setup area of the IP tools and I can change my IP within the tools program as well. I have not tried it without having my extra IP installed in my network configuration as I said above how to setup. So that might be something to try first off if you have the IP tools installed on your computer.. I just did it on my computer but I might be able to access the IP because I have it setup in my network for it to let me. As I said I have not tried from a computer with just 1 IP and trying to change from a different out of range IP. However an idea.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
thusband

Post by thusband »

Sorry, missed your detailed reply. I'm a new Linux user so am still finding my way around. I think I'll go for the factory reset as I can't find the IP. The Amcrest IP tool (on a Win 10 laptop) shows an address but I can't connect to it.

Thanks again.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am not sure, I would think that your camera might start out in DHCP mode. However if not then it would end up with an address like 192.168.1.108 or 0.108 and that is why I have both of them addresses and a good few others in my computers network IP pool. This lets me access the cameras from my different network ranges and or after doing a factory reset. Like on one of my Dahua 4mp cameras that I just got done repairing. I had done a Factory Reset to gain access to lights of the camera because I normally have them off in the location it was installed. So after the reset and repair, I did a Search using IP Config Tool and sure enough came up with a 192. even though my local range is 10..

So could be different over a Wifi connection from a laptop. I have not tried a Multi IP setup from a Wifi connection. I should just so I know if it can be done. I would think it might have same function or might be regulated by the wifi rights I am not sure. All of my connections are using Ethernet.

Anyway I have my computers setup with a Static IP and then I add extra IPs to a pool of IP's that my computers are able to connect to. Anyway it is under the networking tcp/ip v4, properties, then advanced area where you add more IPs. Don't really show much but in the picture below you can see one of the IP's I have setup and the top of the other in the picture.
Screenshot (3902).png
Screenshot (3902).png (12.03 KiB) Viewed 969 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe