Loss of Color

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Dandelena

Loss of Color

Post by Dandelena »

I have an IP2M-841 where the image has gone from Color to B&W ? Its the only one of 5 which is doing this. Is there a setting somewhere that changes the camera to B&W or am I looking at a Camera that has lost its color Image and will need to be replaced ?

Thanks in advance, searched the forum and didn't find an answer, I am at the 8.3.2019 build in case that matters.

Dan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Loss of Color

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello Dan,

Sorry to hear your having some issues.. There is an area under your Setup that you can tell each camera to work in Color or B/W yes.. However be it known that it can get Tricky as there are really 3 types of setup...

If you have it setup for a Schedule then it would be on or off by a time or it might be that they have it set to B/W in both times set...

So log in to camera, go to Setup, Then Camera should be showing.. It could say General and in that case all settings are going to change for General however if you have it showing day then changes will be in day.. anyway in General of the Drop down on the right area then below to the slight left will be Day/Night then in General again of the drop down change it to Color
color.jpg
color.jpg (40.19 KiB) Viewed 2124 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So forgot to add that if you wanted to have it in Color at all times change the settings in General, Day and Night all to color, If you want it day time in Color and night time in B/W then set it as so and under Profile Management change the times you want day to start and Night to start.. Then also under night you can have it setup for IR on IR Smart or IR off... If you will use it though a glass then you will want IR off
Be Safe
Dandelena

Post by Dandelena »

Thanks for the info, can this be done with the Amcrest Surveillance Pro SW on a PC ? Or do I need to like I to the camera directly on its network / IP ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I am not sure about that... I am going to guess that you will need to access that over the WebUI... Sadly I only have my ASP working 1 camera and just found after you asked that it hasn't been working lol I normally use my ASP on a computer of its own but forgot my Password to my FTP server so before I Left for my Sons Service I setup my FTP to go to my ASP computer.. Anyway long story short.. I had FTP backups on that computer since Feb and with all the devices I have backed up on FTP my HDD was full as 3 days ago lol So glad you asked a Question that took me to look at my ASP machine because I WOW it took me since your question until about an hour ago to Delete all the backups not needed and some folders took forever to delete.. I got tired of Empty the Trash I set the trash to Delete it auto as I go... WOW loads of work...
Be Safe
elroy

Post by elroy »

I know this reply is ~3 years later however I had the same issue and resolved it not with hardware but software.

I'm using an Amcrest Bullet Camera (IP cam) and for whatever reason the feed went to black and white. No setting in the Amcrest pro view app on my iphone could seem to resolve this.

I downloaded the "IP Config" software from Amcrest's website onto my macbook and from there, was able log into my camera but EASILY change the mode to "color" via the "Day/Night Mode" settings.

Link for the software:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... g-Software