Looking to buy a new AI camera some things to think about!

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Looking to buy a new AI camera some things to think about!

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So this is a 8mp AI camera that don't have the ability to know difference between things so a ball, bag, or anything rolling down the hill will trigger it. Now this is Semi AI and here is why I am looking to try and explain what is different between a True AI and a Semi AI like the Amcrest 2496EW-V2 and the 1046ew-AI. The V2 has the ability like this camera to have Tripwire and Intrusion however there is no real AI it will not pop up a car that triggered it or a person. It just triggers. I would have used the 2496v2 here however because it is only far zoomed out I thought it would be better to use one with a zoom lens. While this camera a 8mp 2.8. 12mm has some nice features it isn't as good as the 1046ew-AI because that camera is a True full AI camera...

That is another thing I wanted to mention. If you buy a camera that is only a Fixed lens like 2.8, 4, 6mm you will want to make sure you are buying it for an area that will benefit from the type of lens offered. As you can see from the cameras full zoomed out a 2.8mm and even a 4mm lens really wouldn't do much justice here to ID something or someone. I mean sure you will be able to Detect. Even with this being a 8mp camera the Digital Zoom is not so good.

So this also means if you have a camera that is mounted on a Barn, house or sheds second story that has a fixed lens keep in mind that it is really only going to be good for Detection unless you have a zoom lens camera of some sort. A Manual VF lens or in this case a Motorized zoom lens.. Now I don't want to give props to the 10x zoom TVI camera that I am using and that is why I have the Privacy filter on in the pictures. That camera I like because while it isn't a PTZ camera it does have use of Presets for zoom factors. I only use it at the level of VIEW as everyone has seen in other pictures I have posted here..

Another thing I thought I would point out here. The AREA OF VIEW is way to large for this area. This is one reason I like 4mp cameras over 8mp and 5mp however most of my AI are 4mp I have a few 5mp TVI cameras that I use. Most times I have them reduced to 4mp or 2mp just because I don't like the Tall FOV.

I did try to angle the camera like I have my 10x TVI however I found that it tries to focus on the grass rather then the road. So this is when a camera with ROI will come into play. Sadly this camera don't offer that option at this time not saying in another FW it won't be offered. May or may not either way that is another thing to keep in mind when placing your camera is put it in an area that you get the best AOV (Area of View) for your needs.

All the pictures were over 2megs each so I reduced them by 50% other then that this is the camera view in All zoom out, where I want it and all zoomed in.
Screenshot (4353).png
Screenshot (4353).png (848.45 KiB) Viewed 3316 times
Screenshot (4354).png
Screenshot (4354).png (782.46 KiB) Viewed 3316 times
Screenshot (4355).png
Screenshot (4355).png (817.3 KiB) Viewed 3316 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe