Live view on IPhone not working

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
wdeertz

Live view on IPhone not working

Post by wdeertz »

Running IOS 11.2.2 on both IPhone and IPad. View pro app works fine on IPad both remotely using amcrest ddns and while on local network, both live view and playback work fine. On the IPhone the playback mode works fine but live view times out. I’m sure the settings are correct as they are identical to settings on IPad which is working.

Is the IPhone live view broken on this version?
boxpin

Re: Live view on IPhone not working

Post by boxpin »

I had all 8 of my cameras working on my iphone then all of a sudden my 4K stopped doing live view. The others worked fine on every device. The 4K camera worked fine on all other devices except the iphone. The issue was the sub stream, it was disabled on the 4K. Enabled it and instant live view again.
Archie2014

Post by Archie2014 »

Live view works at home but not remotely
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Archie2014 Welcome to the Forum

remove the connection of the device you have setup and want remote access too, Then setup the camera again this time using P2P option rather then the IP method of access. Setting up with P2P your Live View should work with your Phone in Wifi at home and while off your lan out and about on your mobile data.

Just make sure not to have a limited account.. Also need to make sure your access to the internet is turned on as well in your Recorder or camera under Networking Tab. There will be option for P2P make sure it is enabled and that the device shows it is online...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Archie2014

Post by Archie2014 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:02 pm @Archie2014 Welcome to the Forum

remove the connection of the device you have setup and want remote access too, Then setup the camera again this time using P2P option rather then the IP method of access. Setting up with P2P your Live View should work with your Phone in Wifi at home and while off your lan out and about on your mobile data.

Just make sure not to have a limited account.. Also need to make sure your access to the internet is turned on as well in your Recorder or camera under Networking Tab. There will be option for P2P make sure it is enabled and that the device shows it is online...
My camera is a ProHD 1080P. I don't see a p2p option.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

In the app setup after removing the camera, click + then type of camera Wifi or Poe then it will take you to another page at the top right click Add Connected Device. Then first option is P2P Setup. Click that and finish the setup.. If it is a POE device then clicking that option for type will bring you to the setup page again first option is P2P..

If your using a App that isn't Amcrest View Pro then I don't know that you will get the access you want without opening your cameras ports to the internet and Personally that is a bad option. There are already 103, 841EB connected to the internet that is bad idea in my mind lol..

Anyway Make sure your using Amcrest View Pro for Amcrest normal line of Security Cameras. Anything out side of that puts you at risk of your cameras feeds not being yours alone.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Archie2014

Post by Archie2014 »

Now working! Thank you so much.