Limit storage time on microSD cards

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Stacy33

Limit storage time on microSD cards

Post by Stacy33 »

Is there a feature available to restrict the duration for which snapshots/clips are stored on the microSD card? I couldn't find such an option, but I'm hopeful that I might have overlooked it. Ideally, I'd like to limit the saved content to only the past 24 hours, as I'm solely using this camera for face detection. I've observed that some API calls I use to retrieve clips on face detection occasionally return irrelevant old clips, despite providing a different timestamp. Given that this issue seems to stem from Amcrest's end, the only workaround I can think of is to artificially restrict the duration for which data is stored on the SD card.

Is this functionality feasible? Alternatively, is it possible to schedule data purges, if setting a time limit for saved clips isn't an option?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Limit storage time on microSD cards

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum...

So I am not sure what cameras are working with. Looking at my last Amcrest camera with 22' firmware loaded and I have others with the same feature the short answer is yes. If you look at the picture below you can see where it was setup for 1 day to purge the footage. Normally this is something to maybe help save space to keep the recorded files going without the system becoming unstable and going onto constant Reboot as that can happen on some systems.. You can right click the image and choose to view in another tab to get full size picture view if needed...
Screenshot (1791).png
Screenshot (1791).png (109.65 KiB) Viewed 841 times
Be Safe.