Latest app update causing slow live streaming connections

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
graves14

Latest app update causing slow live streaming connections

Post by graves14 »

The latest update appears to slow down connections to 5 out of 6 of my cameras.

Anyone else experiencing a very long wait (minutes) to establish the live stream? It just spins and spins. Usually if there's a connectivity issue it bails quickly to the network issue status.

I have been very pleased with the response time and connection time of the cameras up until this latest update. Connections to all cameras usually happened in a second or two.

Nothing else has changed on my end that I'm aware of.

My cameras are geographically dispersed, so I can't blame one site.

I got the update about 2 days ago, which coincides with the slowdown.

View Pro version 3.40.0065
mikedj

Re: Latest app update causing slow live streaming connections

Post by mikedj »

I have the same version, works fine for me, both local and remote. I use direct IP address, not DDNS.

Mike
gammy999

Post by gammy999 »

graves 14....I have only had my camera for a month but I noticed this yesterday also and I noticed my app updated on 1/10/18 also....I actually reduced from frame and bit rates and when I do connect the LIVE VIEW stays connected nicely....here is my post: https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6584
gammy999

Post by gammy999 »

mikedj wrote:I have the same version, works fine for me, both local and remote. I use direct IP address, not DDNS.

Mike
Mike, how do you set this up? I have never been able to get the computer version to work, so I am at the mercy of the app....
mikedj

Post by mikedj »

gammy999 wrote:
mikedj wrote:I have the same version, works fine for me, both local and remote. I use direct IP address, not DDNS.

Mike
Mike, how do you set this up? I have never been able to get the computer version to work, so I am at the mercy of the app....
Which part? I use Amcrest Surveillance Pro on my desktop computer, using the local IP address of the NVR (set to a static IP address). Locally and remotely, I use a laptop computer, set to my home WAN static IP address, using port forwarding in my router. My router also supports NAT Loopback, which allows me to use my remote IP address even when I'm at home. The router simply loops the request back to the LAN.

On my iPhone and iPad apps, I again use my home WAN IP address, taking advantage of the NAT Loopback function of my router.

All of my cameras, computers, and NVR are on static IP address. I'm not exactly sure how much difference that makes, but my perception is that I seem to have better consistency in response times. If at all practical, I like static IPs.

Does that answer your question?

Mike
rclark31978

Post by rclark31978 »

I'm seeing the same issue. Any Wifi connection is fine but using Cellular LTE doesn't seem to work well. Works sometimes, but is very slow.
jsg12

Post by jsg12 »

Same here. App was working perfectly and now it takes 3-4 minutes to load camera. Called support and they said they never heard of the problem and opened a ticket. Troubleshooted everything...good internet....strong wifi...off wifi was good Cellular connection....Reset cameras, reinstalled app and did setup. Now its just frustrating.

One alternative I found was to download and install Amcrest cloud app. Registered but only allows for one camera for free account and no control of camera...no pan and tilt etc.

Hey Amcrest.....please fix your app...!!!!
mmletzko

Post by mmletzko »

I have the same issue, although I just installed this system about the time the update came out (replaced a 960H with a 1080P system) so I don't have a good reference. Works fine from home on wireless, but very spotty via cell service. I haven't tried setting up using static IP/NAT forwarding yet - will give that a shot to see if it helps.

I think the app version is 3.41.0065 - correct?
maziarrezaei

Post by maziarrezaei »

Same issue here! I experience this with the amcrestview.com website too, with only difference that it times out after a second. My phone connects after about 5 minutes.Nothing is changed in my network.

When connected directly to the same wifi as cameras, the connection is instantaneous. There are no issues with the outbound internet connection and the video quality/lag has not changed for me after the 5 minute wait. The version of app on my phone is 3.43.0101
jsg12

Post by jsg12 »

Hey Amcrest - When are you going to update this app to solve this problem? Most of us access our camera's remotely via your app. My support ticket is sitting for a week unanswered.