Latest app update causing slow live streaming connections

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jsg12

Re: Latest app update causing slow live streaming connections

Post by jsg12 »

Still waiting Amcrest....
bw355

Post by bw355 »

jsg12 wrote:Still waiting Amcrest....
Don't hold your breath. If you read a lot of the posts here, they don't care to fix stuff or they are understaffed. Either way, it's not good.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Same issue here. Took over twenty minutes one day to load.
MrDouf

Post by MrDouf »

MrDouf wrote:Count me in!
Since the update it takes a very long time to connect to the Cam in LTE.

Can Amacrest please post a link to the old APK version until the problem is fix?
IPM-721
Oneplus 5T
Android 7.1 and since yesterday 8.0
Videotron/Rogers
Canada
rackerlund

Post by rackerlund »

I am experiencing the same issue. Static IP addresses for two wireless IP2M-841 ProHD 1080P (1920TVL) cameras. Attempted to run firmware update as well, worked on one and that seemed to help slightly, but the other will not even check the version to confirm a firmware update is needed.
wjcabaniss

Post by wjcabaniss »

Camera Model - IP3M-943 (qty=2) & IP2M-841
Phone Type - Moto G 5 Plus
Phone OS - Android v.7.0
Phone service Provider - AT&T LTE
Region - Alabama

App loads perfectly fine on home wifi, but takes FOREVER to load on LTE. Other apps load cameras fast. It is the app! Has to be some kind of network issue resolving the connection. Hurry up & fix it!
MrDouf

Post by MrDouf »

Melvin wrote:Hello all,

We understand your concern and we are currently working to immediately resolve this issue. Please note that Amcrest View can still be accessed through WiFi networks. As a temporary solution, you may also access your cameras over 3G network via Amcrest Cloud. We thank you for your patience while we resolve this issue. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us.

Please do provide us with the below info that will help us resolve the issue asap.

Camera Model
Phone Type
Phone OS
Phone service Provider
Region

Melvin,
Can you at least provide us a link to get the older Android APK version of the APP so that I can at least in the mean time be able to reach my camera? I am also volunteering to be a beta tester if your dev team need someone to test a fix.
Thanks!
markjericho

Post by markjericho »

I've been experiencing this exact same problem with my camera since the latest app update. I am surprised (but maybe I shouldn't be) that it's taking this long for Amcrest to solve this issue. It is the core feature of their cameras to be able to view a video feed when you are not there in person with the camera! Come on already! I did fine a workaround by activating the free subscription to the cloud account but that's not an acceptable long term option since the features are very limited.
Last edited by markjericho on Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsg12

Post by jsg12 »

IP2M-841W
iPhone 6S
iOS 11.2
ATT
New York
jsg12

Post by jsg12 »

Melvin:

I did download the Amcrest Cloud app as an alternative, but it only provides for one camera. Since Amcrest admits the app is flawed, at least give us temporary access to multiple cameras on the Cloud App since most of us have multiple cameras. I believe this would show good faith on Amcrest's part until you resolve the app problem.

The cloud app does not provide for PTZ but at least we can access multiple camera's.

Look forward to your reply in this forum.