Lastest firmware (2019-08-03) breaks HTTP API for IP4M-1051

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mys10v8

Lastest firmware (2019-08-03) breaks HTTP API for IP4M-1051

Post by mys10v8 »

I opened a support ticket 2.5 months ago for this issue and just today support has suggested I post here to increase the chance this issue gets addressed in the next firmware release. Here is the issue:

0. When I call /cgi-bin/IntervideoManager.cgi?action=getVersion&Name=CGI
I get: version=2.29
1. When I call /cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=MotionDetect
I get: MotionDetect[0].Enable=false
and: MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.RecordEnable=true
2. When I call /cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&MotionDetect[0].Enable=true
I get “OK” response
3. When I call /cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.RecordEnable=false
I get “OK” response
4. BUT, when I repeat #1 above, NOTHING CHANGES.

This worked in the previous firmware release.

The impact of this issue is my Security System cannot turn on motion detection for the camera. This prevents security system from capturing any video of intruders activating motion sensors. Since this firmware version was a complete re-write (now Java Script - no plugins) support "highly advised against downgrading back as there is a probability that the downgrade will brick the device".

Amcrest R&D: Please make preparing things that are broken a priority in the next firmware release.

Software Version V2.620.00AC000.3.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
WEB Version 3.2.1.619604
ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.4.1.513183)
NickW

Re: Lastest firmware (2019-08-03) breaks HTTP API for IP4M-1051

Post by NickW »

I have this exact same issue, and support also suggested that I post here as well so that R&D can "see the demand for the feature across the community".

Of course this is a feature that always used to exist, and they have removed (for some unknown reason). So many people may not know that the feature is gone, unless they upgrade (or get a new camera like me).

The problem is made worse by the fact that you can't downgrade back to the old version of firmware.
RHCP-NG

Re: Lastest firmware (2019-08-03) breaks HTTP API for IP4M-1051

Post by RHCP-NG »

Hi @mys10v8 ,

Did you ever resolve this? Can you please let me know?