Keyboard support on NV4108E

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
drjspector

Keyboard support on NV4108E

Post by drjspector »

Why is there no keyboard support on NV4108E? I can use a wireless mouse/keyboard combo but they keyboard does not function whatsoever.
RLM

Re: Keyboard support on NV4108E

Post by RLM »

I just purchased a NV4108E-HS and fount the same thing. I’m surprised...

I know you don’t actually need a keyboard very often after setup is complete but this should be supported. This is just firmware. It’s fixable.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

While I have a few DVR's from a few different manufactures none use Keyboard besides onscreen... To this day I don't know any company that makes a DVR or NVR that wil sink with a Keyboard other then a PTZ keyboard as they are called... But that is different altogether....
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

However I know it isn't the same but you could always use the Chrome View app or Amcrest Surveillance Pro app on your computer and setup up your system over that. While I haven't done it. I think it can be done. I know that I can conenct to my Amcrest DVR's over Amcrest Surveillance Pro and the Chrome App... But I use for viewing as most of the setup was done by DVR's.. Trust me my Password is a Pain to input onscreen kb I would love to have one connected.
Be Safe.
PromptCritical

Post by PromptCritical »

I just bought a NV5216E-8P and bought a wireless keyboard/mouse combo for it. Anyone know if this unit supports a keyboard or was it a waste since it already comes with a mouse? The manual has only one reference to keyboards (other than on-screen) in the troubleshooting section:

16. Keyboard is not working with the NVR.
Below are a few possible reasons why this may be occurring:
• The NVR serial port is not setup correctly.
• The keyboard may be drawing too much power.
• The keyboard cable too long.
• The keyboard is not compatible with the NVR's firmware.

It would help if Amcrest published a list of compatible keyboards if any.

It also seems like including hardware keyboard support would have been easier than making a clickable keyboard in the GUI.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There is no NON Dos/Windows Based NVRs that I know of from any system brand that offers a Keyboard support outside of the On screen one.. Funny thing is some people call a PTZ controller that is RS-232 or RS-485 a Keyboard and while it does have numbers and keys and some larger then others in my mind are not keyboard and if your NVR support RS-485 it might that they are in 16. Reference to that device and not a Keyboard as a Computer person knows of one...

For Keyboard support setup GUI first to give NVR a Good for you IP and setup with its new Password. Then for all the hard typing task use WebUI and the computer Keyboard for all setup is the best and fastest way to make things work..
Be Safe.