Keep Getting Emails with Notice: Tamper Alert

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
gustavoguzmanbhdl

Keep Getting Emails with Notice: Tamper Alert

Post by gustavoguzmanbhdl »

Keep Getting Emails with Notice: Tamper Alert. What is going on?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Keep Getting Emails with Notice: Tamper Alert

Post by Melvin »

Hello gustavo,

What is the model number of your camera? From what it seems its sending emails with Tamper detection.

Tamper detection is a setting within your IP camera that will send you an alert when the camera is tampered with. Once an action has been detected, whether it’s someone trying to knock the camera down or blocking its view, the alert lets you know to log into your video management system to see what happened.

I am actually not aware if any our cameras support this feature though.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

gustavoguzmanbhdl

Post by gustavoguzmanbhdl »

I have the Amcrest ProHD 1080p (IP2M-841). I have 4 of these cameras installed, and repeatedly get Tamper Detection Emails from 2 of these cameras. When I look at the footage, I realize there is nothing going on. Even when I am looking and Live Playback, I get these emails.
DirtyDan

Post by DirtyDan »

Vibrations? Melivin, how much camera movement is required for it sends tamper notice?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,

Login to the camera web interface from PC and go to Setup> Event > Video Tamper. Disable this option or disable the send email check box here and it should stop the alerts.

There is not way to set any sensitivity level for tamper detection and it appears it very sensitive. I do not have the exact figures unfortunately.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us