jerky on review MD

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
lagrabow

jerky on review MD

Post by lagrabow »

NVR - NV4108-HS, IP3M-943

When viewing the recorded motion detect, at times the recording is very jerky, like the very early silent movies. At other times it is OK. Can anybody suggest why this is and offer a solution?

Also, I am a little curious as to why these devices are now both discontinued, being that they are only 3 years old. Should I be thinking of upgrading them?

Thank you.
IP cams - Amcrest 943W [3- wired], Dahua [1 wired], 2 Lorex w/sound [wired], 1 no sound [wired]
NVR - NV4108-HS with 1TB HDD
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: jerky on review MD

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am not sure about why you think the HS is Discontinued.. I do know that the 4108H that I own is however looking at the Website the 4108-HS and 4108e-HS are both still active on FW...

So the Jerky? I am going to guess that your using the 2020 FW and if that is the case I would DL and install the 2018 fw back on your NVR.. It seems that they may have opened the ability to go back from 2020 fw to older where before in early release 2019 and 2020 fw it was said don't go back to older FW.. however this might be a FLUKE seeing the 4108-hs and other in that line are the only ones with older FW so might be they forgot to remove the 2018 from site so if you were to go back work with Caution...

So if you have 4108h and upgrade time might be worth it however if you really have 4018-HS then no need to upgrade hardware unless there is just something a new model can do that your current one can't like moving up to a AI NVR is main reason why someone might want to update to new model...

Sadly Jerky playback from what I was told is caused by reduction is quality to make it able to run FW of 2020.. However the person that told me this isn't in R&D and could be one persons thought on the matter...
Be Safe.