IVS Tripwire and Intrusion 2 different types.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

IVS Tripwire and Intrusion 2 different types.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello all, I am writing today about 2 different cameras that both offer IVS rules Tripwire and Intrusion and why one might be better over the other.

So tonight I am talking about a Amcrest 1046ew-ai and the not as great quality in the IVS however has 8mp camera the 2496v2.

So the 2496v2 has a 8mp lens and offers only Intrusion, Tripwire and Normal Motion Detection.

The 1046EW-AI has Intrusion, Tripwire, Abandoned Object, Fast-Moving, Parking Detection, Crowd Gathering, Missing Object, Loitering, Face Detection, People Counting, Heatmap and the normal Motion Detection

So the 2496-v2 can work in Color at night as most other IP cameras can if you were to set them up for it. However it only has IR LEDS so they wouldn't help in color mode.

The 1046-AI is Color at night with White Leds. It can work with B/W if you wanted however the camera don't have a IRC so there really isn't a good reason to use the camera in B/W at night. I mean it will work with the built in White LEDS and in color or B/W picture with LEDS on looks about the same just one is B/W Without the LEDS on the camera can work if there is enough light however if the area is dark it will need the LEDS on or another Light to help it along..

In the Video you can see a ASH47 in the screen with the 2496EW-V2 and can see how the night time in the 8mp isn't has long range as the ASH47. Some of that has to do with the ASH47 having a 5mm lens to start with where the 2496 has 2.8mm..

Anyway here is a Video of a Spider setting off the 2496ew-v2 this is one thing that 1046ew-AI won't do if it was setup right. I mean I can set it so it will trip on everything that passes by. However why would you. In this video while I don't show the settings for the 1046 or the 2496 the main difference between the 2's ability for IVS is that the 1046 has Human or Vehicle that can be enabled and I have it at the set location for human. No cats, or dogs, rabbits, or any critter that is back there will set it off I have it setup for Push and I know 100% if it goes off there is a Real reason.

https://youtu.be/3zgOAsJW3QM
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IVS Tripwire and Intrusion 2 different types.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So thought I would touch on this a little. I had my 2496EW-V2 in an area where I have a Dahua 4mp Color Night Ip camera that also has IVS. I wanted to see what the 2 different styles of cameras would act like and had enough cameras facing the back of the house to put next to the 1046.

Anyway after some time I got fed up with all the False alerts I was getting with Intrusion on the 8mp camera in that area with IR on. All mainly caused by Spiders.

So because of the location and the type of events I have there it is better to have a True AI camera there. I moved the 8mp to where my 1046 was and put the 1046 where the 8mp was. Changed the IVS in both to my needs in the area.

So why is this important. Well with my IVS rules I have *Had* my 2496 intrusion rules had 2 control 2 PTZ cameras. 64 events in the last night it was in that location. All false from Spiders or the web. Tonight the 1046 in that location not one false alerts and I have it setup the same way I did the 2496 with only thing different the 1046 is setup to only alert on Human event and the 2496 don't offer that feature..

Tonight a Spider in the front of the 1046EW-AI Camera built a perfect web caught 4 flying insects and not one false alert to my AI NVR or my Micro SD recording. No Emails or IVS Push and my 850 and 846 PTZ cameras were not triggered to record the grass..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe