IVS not triggering on IP8M-2779EW-AI

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
webdoctors

IVS not triggering on IP8M-2779EW-AI

Post by webdoctors »

Hi,

I've got several Amcrest and Dahua cameras (with IVS setup on Dahua). Recently got a IP8M-2899EW-AI but not able to get IVS to trigger. Its only happened on one rule in several days when there should've been several events triggering it:

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... 2899EW-AI-

I've ensured a smart plan has IVS chosen and than added 2 different IVS rules, a tripwire and an intrusion. The tripwire is for the street and many ppl and cars have gone through the wire and its never triggered.

I setup a box on my lawn and its only triggered one over 2 days.

Would love any tips on what I'm doing wrong, not clear why my IVS is so hard to trigger. My camera is rotated but that shouldn't affect the IVS line crossings. I've tried both enabling car/human filtering and disabling it.

Setup to send email and record whenever IVS triggers. I have motion detection disabled.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IVS not triggering on IP8M-2779EW-AI

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am sorry don't own that camera so going to be some guessing here.. I only know of one other person that has that camera on the forum.. They bought it to replace 2 other cameras he had that I have since repaired for him.

So my guess is that on that camera there is something that might need to be done with Presets and your IVS rules? Again just a guess. I think you go to your Preset area and then setup a rule on that preset? I know it don't sound right but I think that might be how they are setup..

I have a different brand IVS (VCA Really) that is setup that way. I setup a preset, Then I setup a rule in that preset. So then when I move the cameras lens with pan or tilt and or even zoom that preset keeps the data for the rule. If setting up a PTZ on a IVS without being set to the Preset it is facing it may not trigger?

Then if the camera has Human and Vehicle detection if that isn't setup then every thing should set it off even clouds that pass over that causes dark spots on the ground..

For the cost of that camera I wouldn't expect it to be broken out of the box..

Worse case maybe do a Factory reset of the camera using WebUI (Software Reset) and see if that fixes anything. If that don't and it isn't mounted to high then I would do a Button Factory Reset of the camera and see if that cures it..

One last thing. This may seem stupid idea. But maybe there is an issue with your Password settings. If you have a Special like @! or anything like that setup a different password and use + in it rather then the one your using now. If it is a + then try !. There are some cameras that don't like some of the specials and normally are listed in the manual.
Be Safe.
webdoctors

Post by webdoctors »

Thanks for the prompt reply.

This isn't a PTZ camera, its just a fixed lens camera so it doesn't have a preset option. I actually do have an Amcrest PTZ camera and that works fine without issue, so I'm aware of where the preset is but this being fixed doesn't have it. No issue with my password using special chars, its just letters and numbers.

Yes, maybe not preset but I'm wondering if there's something else that needs to get set before IVS kicks in. I know one thing is the smart plan has to be activated, thats the first thing they mentioned in the Amcrest support link:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... 2899EW-AI-
Smart Plan has been activated in the Smart Plan menu for Deep IVS

My Dahua cameras have that same requirement so no issues there with setting that. However it doesn't make any difference.

I already updated firmware from v3 to v4 and did a factory reset to see if that could be an issue.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am sorry then this isn't the camera you own then because looking at the link you just entered says it is a Full Sized PTZ so yeah you will need to give better idea of what camera you have then because the 2899 is a PTZ camera.. That has as your post states DEEP IVS just as I was trying to explain but it is different then how I setup my other brand PTZ with VCA but same idea anyway..

What camera do you have?

Updated V3 to V4 firmware? Huh? Sorry V3 or V4 would be Camera model number FW don't work out that way unless it is for a V3 or 4 camera type..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I have a good few AI cameras. I just picked the easiest one to connect to, So I used my 2685EW-AI Amcrest camera. It is an 8mp Ai camera. I made a fast view that is unlisted on how to setup the camera. I know that you said that you have the Parts setup right because you have many different cameras that are AI and what not. Issue is that you are showing links to a 2899EW-AI camera that is a Full sized PTZ camera and not sure why when you said you are not talking about setting up the camera as they have it posted on the website for the 2899..

It very well may be that you have a bad camera. It might have been setup and something happen where the Software wasn't correct or some hardware issue is at play. I would personally make a Ticket with Amcrest and have them take a look at your camera. I would setup before contact a new Admin account that you can remove from your camera once you are done. However some times they like to access via your computer so not sure it would really matter but if they were to use ASP they could access the camera only using a admin account that you setup and when they are done you can just remove that account and they can't access it anymore.. either way I would make a Ticket and if it was bought new from Amcrest I would setup a RMA if they are not able to make it work the way it should so you can get one that works...

I don't want to come off like I am telling you what to do, I am just saying this is what I would do...

https://youtu.be/WxJY_WGMtzI

That is a link to my unlisted Video I just made. Maybe it will have something in it that was over looked that might help. Wish you luck.

Edit, I just made a second video, while I was doing this one on my Dahua AI camera that is little more advanced then my Amcrest camera I thought of another thing. I won't post the video but I thought i would edit another thing that I just thought about. Seeing you said you have done a Factory Reset and updated the FW. If you happen to have Exported and then imported your settings it is isn't working right when you exported the settings then you are only importing settings that will make it so it won't work. After a Factory reset make sure you setup the camera just like you are setting it up for the first time.
Be Safe.
webdoctors

Post by webdoctors »

Sorry, its a IP8M-2779EW-AI (White).

I'll review the link, that's for all the quick responses and sorry for the confusion! I'll go back and update my title/descriptions.

EDIT: Oops, I see that's not possible. Anyways, for anyone looking at this post years from now, the camera in question is a IP8M-2779EW-AI and not a IP8M-2899EW-AI. I will update when I figure out what's wrong with it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok I just updated the Thread name for your current camera.. I also posted an Edit so look at my last post for the edit as some extra info was posted.
Be Safe.
webdoctors

Post by webdoctors »

Yes I agree the app notification is faster than having an email sent out. Its interesting in the link the line changes color when saved. Mine starts off green when drawn and remains green, even after saving. I switched from Chrome to Edge browser to match your video with IE but no change in line color.

Maybe due to being a different camera model but yours is more informative where it'll say line drawn and line saved. OK, running Edge in IE compatibility mode and installing the shady Amcrest plugin gets it to match your screen. Now I'm seeing the blue line. Not sure if it'll make a difference but will know tomorrow. Thanks!
webdoctors

Post by webdoctors »

Yes, after FW update and reset, I setup from scratch, no importing of any settings.
webdoctors

Post by webdoctors »

Phone support recommended firmware reset and machine reboot, both didn't help. Filed a ticket but got no responses in 2 weeks. Ended up returning the camera. Got a Hikvision 4MP camera with 50% bigger sensor instead (1/1.8) and no issues and amazing night vision. It was $50 more but at least it works.