Issues with static IP address

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jasmino

Issues with static IP address

Post by jasmino »

Hey !

I have 2 x ASH42-B IP Cam

I do not want to use the wireless part of it, but rather the wired one.

I'm unable, using IP config utility, to set a static IP Address: it keeps coming back to an address (10.0.0.46) that was set, using the wireless part of it, that is 10.0.0.46. The wireless address also has a n address within that range (10.0.0.70)

When I log into the camera, select "Net", I can uncheck the DHCP box. I can the set any address I want, for example 192.168.1.134. It will then say that previous address (10.0.0.46) is offline, that RSTP could not be save, and eventually that the save was successful.

My new address is now available, if I click on Refresh....I can log into the camera, but when I look under "Net", the DHCP box is checked. If I uncheck it, and try a save, it will tell me "RTSP save successfully", then "Save Successfully", then "The data is wrong, save invalid"

The DHCP box remain uncheck, but no settings are saved.

If I log out of that camera, the back in, the DHCP box is still checked.

Needless to say that if I cycle power on the camera, the IP address will revert to something like 10.0.0.46

What Am I doing wrong ? It does this on both ASH42-b, but I was able to provide a static IP Address to 8 other camera (miscellaneous model, not ASH42)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Issues with static IP address

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

So the ASH42 is a Smart Home camera and not a IP camera. While I can't say this for all the ASH line it sounds like that Software for your ASH camera does not have the ability to make the changes to the IP Stack like normal IP cameras would using the IP Config Tool..

So there are a few cameras that do have the ability to make changes in the Smart Home app where you can change the IP address to static. However if your ASH42 is not able to do that then the best thing to do is log into your router, using the Static area within your router set the Static IP to your needs for your cameras. It will after that change start to keep the IP the same for your camera every time it restarts. It will keep track of this info from the Mac Address of your camera..

My ASH47 needed to be set static and some of the others like my 4116 didn't in theory because I always setup for Static when setting up. However did setup for Static so it would always use that even after a Reset to factory because I was doing this often for testing some things..

In my list of devices 4 of them are Smart Home Products that I wanted to keep with Static IP and while my AD410 says it can set static it didn't' work well in app so I set it in Router.
Screenshot (3108).png
Screenshot (3108).png (141.27 KiB) Viewed 1287 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry forgot to tell you if you have not seen it, Bring up the app, click on the camera you want to manage, then click on Device Information at the top. Then it should bring you to where it says what the MAC is and under that it will show the current IP if it lets you change it you can tap on the IP and it will open another window with 0.0.0.0 installed. Change them to the IP you want and when you save it should save.

However if you try to Tap on the IP address and nothing happens then there is no setting for you to change your IP and you will need to do so VIA your router..
SmartSelect_20220927_230337_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
SmartSelect_20220927_230337_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (291.9 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
SmartSelect_20220927_230358_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
SmartSelect_20220927_230358_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (142.78 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

If you have a router that you can set a static IP for your devices, I would do it there instead of in the camera.