Issues viewing cameras on my phone

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Issues viewing cameras on my phone

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I don't know when people talk about Mesh Networks and things that are above and beyond what the machines were released in the idea of use... Sadly there is no telling...

What I can say is that there is no Magic going from Amcrest to another Brand unless they are offering something special with already setup to Mesh Networking so on so on.... While it is your Right to go with who you like all that is going to do is not make things happy with more then 1 CCTV company...

So I am going to guess that maybe the Network Gear that is Blocking your OUTSIDE ability has other people that were in the same boat that have shared this info on some Forum over on the Network site...

What I don't understand is Why do people feel that when something is released that works as it is expected when the person that now owns this hardware Changes things in the Network and now makes it not work why does it come down that it is Amcrest Fault... Amcrest Hardware Fail that is something to blame Amcrest about.. Changing your Hardware that Blocks Amcrest NOT Amcrest Fault...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Issues viewing cameras on my phone

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So i had to do a Search and what do I find about 50 other post on Google Search of others that have issues with connecting Smart Home Devices, Cameras and all sorts of things to Mesh Networks.. While there is loads of reading out there I didn't read any of them just scanned the headings and baselines... Found some interesting reads that say you may need to use older router to make your Cameras and smart home devices work outside the network as Mesh networks are still new fast spreading but hard to work still with some devices...

Another one went on to say that while it was fast paced it could take months if not years for a release of something that will work over all devices...

I don't know.. I don't have the bug of having the Best first.. I like to have the Worst last after everyone has worked out the bugs :) Not sure where the answer is for the Network issues related to new Tech.. Maybe Firewall issue, maybe there is Ports that need to be Opened because the Router has closed them there are loads of things that could be the issue sadly each would take time to setup and discover
Be Safe.