Is anyone using Yahoo as your email for notifications?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Brien

Is anyone using Yahoo as your email for notifications?

Post by Brien »

Like most, my gmail account stopped working.

So I changed my email to Yahoo and it's kinda working. I'll get email notifications that the camera triggered but there will be no image attached.

I never made any changes to any other settings other than the Email settings. When I checked on them they all have the send image box checked for each camera.

If your using Yahoo and getting images what are you settings (imap, pop3, etc.)? I'm trying to use imap but will use pop if I have to.

Thanks!
grabczb

Re: Is anyone using Yahoo as your email for notifications?

Post by grabczb »

I had the same issue with my Gmail account. I created a Yahoo account with the config below. Also had to hunt for the Yahoo setting, “Allow apps that use less secure sign in“ to make it work. Hope this help...
9F7247DA-E061-4438-B95D-837C7FBA1606.jpeg
9F7247DA-E061-4438-B95D-837C7FBA1606.jpeg (176.01 KiB) Viewed 643 times
Brien

Post by Brien »

Bummer.. I have the exact same settings and "Allow apps that use less secure sign-in" on.

It's weird because I'm getting the emails with an image marker but no actual image is attached or downloading. Even when logging into my gmail account to where my yahoo account is sending the notifications no images are present.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

Brien wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:39 pm Bummer.. I have the exact same settings and "Allow apps that use less secure sign-in" on.

It's weird because I'm getting the emails with an image marker but no actual image is attached or downloading. Even when logging into my gmail account to where my yahoo account is sending the notifications no images are present.
I wasn't getting any snapshots either until I saw the post above. On the subject line, I didn't have "Attachment" checked. Once I checked it, now I get the snapshots with my email notification.