Is Alexa Support Here?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Z-Man

Is Alexa Support Here?

Post by Z-Man »

I received a promo email from Amcrest for their Black Friday promotion.
They're advertising the IP2M-841B as "Works with Alexa". It says the says the same on the Amazon page.
I must have missed this. I've been waiting for it.
What about Google Home Support?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Is Alexa Support Here?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure about the Google Home support...

I think if I am not mistaken the Alexa support has been with Amcrest since 2017. The main deal is that there has to be a Cloud account setup for the Alexa to work. Also not sure how everything goes because I am not going to put a Cloud account back on for any of my cameras. Already have enough things that Change the time, recording, storing and viewing my cameras as it is now... When I had cloud in past it kept changing my settings because all settings for your camera should be done in the Cloud if someone has it.. IF not when you go to make a simple change like Making your camera work in color at night or change from 960p to 720p or other change on the WebUI or another method the Cloud will change it back to what it had setup... So now I just use my Phone App on P2P for all my cameras and my DVR's if I want to look at them while gone I just bring it up... Also Google does load the app for me if I ask it to by Hey Google start Amcrest the app loads and my CVI view most times is last view loads. I can then look at the cameras tied to that , 2 cvi and 2 ip. The other IP I can start the view of them easy enough from there...

Just looked up for Alexa support on youtube for amcrest
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVOC4WRoYVU
Be Safe.