IR Leds on but NO night Vision IP2M-841

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
pissy

IR Leds on but NO night Vision IP2M-841

Post by pissy »

I have a week old Amcrest ProHD ( IP2M-841) and recently the IR Leds glow red but I am not see the night vision.
This was working a few days ago (night vision) but then I thought to turn the IR led off one night and since then NO night vision.

In a dark room I can manually turn the IR leds on and off (I can see them glow on and off) the but no change with regards to the night vision,...blackish screen with the image of myself with the glow from the app on my face.
I have apps on iOS, android and PC and all can do what I said above but again no night vision.

Thought please

Cheers
Chris
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: IR Leds on but NO night Vision IP2M-841

Post by Melvin »

Hello pissy,

i would suggest you hard reset the camera and try again. For this, you need to press and hold the indicator light on the back of the camera for 10 - 15 seconds. The light will turn red and the camera will do its initial pan/tilt after this. Try setting up the camera again and see if that helps. If no, the camera might need to be replaced as the IR filter is not kicking in even though LEDs come on.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us