IPv6 Broken, Needs Work

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
danlewis

IPv6 Broken, Needs Work

Post by danlewis »

I'm using the following firmware: 2.420.AC00.17.R, Build Date: 2017-03-22 on an 841W on a couple of IP2M-841W cameras.

I have IPv6 configured and for some time it works just fine. Then, perhaps after several hours, IPv6 stops responding. IPv4 continues to function properly and if I go to the web config screen and put in a new address and then change back to the original address IPv6 will work again for a time.

IPv6 with DHCP is not working. It does not obtain a global IPv6 address from the DHCP server, which would be preferable to having to use a static address.

Also, the Android client needs IPv6 support.

Please let me know if you require further information.
joecool

Re: IPv6 Broken, Needs Work

Post by joecool »

It's been years, but I have some IP2M-842 (firmware 2.212.0000.2.R, build : 2016-08-11) and IP3M-943 (firmware 2.400.AC02.15.R, Build Date: 2017-07-31) cameras and both exhibit this exact same behavior. They're all on the latest firmware that I can find and both appear to be "discontinued" but I am hoping someone figured out a way to get IPv6 to work.

As stated before, IPv6 addresses only work if you statically assign them and then simply stop functioning after a while. I setup a cron job to ping the IPv6 addresses every 5 minutes hoping that they stopped working due to inactivity but that didn't work either.

Is there anything that can be done here? I'd hate to have to replace cameras for something as basic as a network client.