IPM721S Video Detect and FTP storage

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
OldITGuy

IPM721S Video Detect and FTP storage

Post by OldITGuy »

Hello:

I am a new cam owner, and have successfully connected the device to my home WiFi network. I've also been able to start manual recording and have the file saved via FTP onto a PC that is WiFi-connected to the same network, and then watch the recorded video with Smart Play.

I seem to have set up video detect, as I can see the "alert" light on Amcrest Web View when the cam detects motion.

However, I have not been able to get video detect to record and save to the PC via FTP. Is this feature possible, and if so what is the specific configuration needed?

Thanks in advance!
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: IPM721S Video Detect and FTP storage

Post by Melvin »

Hello OldITGuy ,

Please ensure that the below settings are properly done.

1) Under Settings > Event > Video detection make sure motion detection is enabled and schedule is properly set.

2) Under Settings > Storage > Destination > Path, make sure the 'motion Detect' check box is checked for FTP

3) Under Settings > Storage > Destination > FTP , make sure you have filled in the FTP info properly.

4) Also ensure that the camera connects to FTP or not. To verify this go to Information > Log and check for FTP status. You can expand the log info by scrolling down and it will show whether the FTP connection succeeded or failed.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us