IPM-751 and IP3M-956 Firmware fix for email notification

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Dandelena

IPM-751 and IP3M-956 Firmware fix for email notification

Post by Dandelena »

I don’t think I am alone in having one or more of these cameras, especially the Outdoor dome WiFi cameras that are doa when it comes to email notification and needing a firmware fix to get them working. My issues are with these models IPM-751 and IP3M-956 but I’m sure others have similar issues with their dome devices. I don’t care that Amcrest has discontinued them, some of these models are still for sale on Amazon, I think Amcrest has to stand behind the products and fix the Firmware...PERIOD. The 956 is still for sale on the Amcrest site so not discontinued yet there is no mention as to when we might see the firmware updates.
I
Amcrest get you act together and fix all of these products and let us know by when.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IPM-751 and IP3M-956 Firmware fix for email notification

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I have the 751, I understand the idea but is not just Amcrest of Things that this happen too... While back in the 60' love the Impala by Chevy so when they came out again in 2000 I bought one of the first dated in 1999 and then a 02 that had Onstar because the 2000 didn't and wanted to have safety for my Wife...Then bought an 04 SS as well. I like to collect things so my wife says... Sadly the 02 Onstar no longer works the 04 and 06 SS still work but don't offer all the bells like one of my 2017 Chevy with Wifi built in... Older models not an option. So while the idea that they should udpate everything to make everyone happy just is a lot of work. Then it may have something to do with LICENCING or something of that nature as well. It might be the platform if updated would take something that is secure today into something that might not be tomorrow. So I will use my 751 until it no longer works well enough to keep me happy and then remove the guts and use the out door housing for a different camera that wasn't made for outdoors lol... I do that from time to time.
Be Safe.
Dandelena

Post by Dandelena »

I buy you point to a degree. Amcrest sells refurbished 751’s via Amazon to this day, and the 956 is for sale as new on their own Amcrest website. Given that shouldn’t there be updates at leas to the 956 and even the 751 ? It seems all the outdoor dome cameras have yet to get any focus regarding the email and other issues that the newest FW addresses. Why is that a fair and acceptable answer. As was said in another thread without notification these should it be called security cameras and by called webcam monitors....
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I understand. There is a point of safety that is setup in the app. You can have the Camera send you Push Notices. While it isn't Email it will still track motion and give you the ability to check on what is going on if you have your camera setup to watch your Home, Family, Pets or anything you feel you want to keep an eye on...

Within the Amcrest Pro App. In normal view click on the Left menu button on top. One way is then clicking the Push Notifications, Then Press the Configuration, then it would say Disable click that, Then click the Slide bar to turn it on. However now you need to setup for what you want the notice for. I press the Motion Detect. Now what type. Sadly for me only thing that works is Live View. I have tried Snap shot and Video but I get nothing besides the alert. You can also pick Cam Masking, Face Detection (if your camera offers it) and HDD Alarm. Now after you pick the alerts you want don't forget to press the Save on the Top Right looks like a Diskette. Then lets say you in a Meeting or away form your phone, When you get back you can click the menu and Push Notifications and click event list. From there you can check on what was going on maybe on your DVR or NVR by looking at the time that it was sent. Then you get a fresh eye on what was going on....

Another way is From Configuration Center Motion Detect, Click on your camera name, Then down under Region Setting is where you can also Enable the Push Notifications...

Please note... I have a few different DVR's I have 5 in total and out of the 5 and my IP cameras only 2 will send Emails on motion or other alarms I have set... Sadly they are my Amcrest 960H and Brand N 16ch CVBS Analog system.... My Brand N 16ch TVI unit, My Amcrest CVI unit, and my Brand D CVI unit don't offer updates anymore nor do they send Emails.... There are Places that still sale my Brand N TVI unit with no Cameras for over 360usd and some I have seen for as high as 1200usd sadly the company Has nice quality products but VERY bad Support. They have in the last month Removed all Legacy products off their site... Some of my TVI cameras don't have the right info on the product. Says they are 24leds however mine are newer with 12leds they don't even offer Data sheet for them anymore only thing you can find is 2016 old catalog that is OLD info on different looking camera. Same with one of my Spendy TVI Turret Camera. The pictures they have is of the IP4mp camera they offer and don't even look like my camera lol... Anyway Sadly I didn't know Amcrest back before they were in Business back when I was buying Brand N. Sadly I have invested maybe 20 or 25 times in cameras alone more then I have in Amcrest and while I can't get a FW update for my CVI unit or Ip camera I can send them an Email or talk with one on the phone and get Support for my Cameras for the rest of their life.... While that support may not be up to Par for other people it is Better then Calling Brand N asking them about my Very costly back in the day PTZ 37x dome camera to get an answer "I am sorry we don't offer that camera for sale, The company that made it has gone out of business and we no longer support it in anyway".. They said for the Issue it had they couldn't repair it and I would have to pay to ship to China and return shipping if it was supported. Geez I fixed it on my own without anyone giving me any help in the way of where to start...

So in the End. Amcrest is by far the better company offering Support on product functions. Will help over the phone and email and even on the Forum here.... From now until the end. I will buy Amcrest. I guess I will just have to find out what will Get FW update before I buy if I want the Latest and Greatest...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Revo2Maxx wrote:
Revo2Maxx wrote: ... While back in the 60' love the Impala by Chevy so when they came out again in 2000 I bought one of the first dated in 1999 and then a 02 that had Onstar because the 2000 didn't and wanted to have safety for my Wife...Then bought an 04 SS as well...
I can identify with that :D . I had a new black '58 Impala two door, one of my more memorable cars. I also had a '02 and '06. I believe '06 was the last year you could buy any big sedan with steering column gear shift and no center console, which was something I liked.
Revo2Maxx wrote: (re:Push Notifications) ...Sadly for me only thing that works is Live View. I have tried Snap shot and Video but I get nothing besides the alert...
I get camera push notifications with video, perhaps because the MD event video is stored on the camera SD card. I need to wait a few seconds before clicking the notification, otherwise it may say no recording.
James.S

Post by James.S »

jack7 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:34 am Revo2Maxx wrote:
Revo2Maxx wrote: ... While back in the 60' love the Impala by Chevy so when they came out again in 2000 I bought one of the first dated in 1999 and then a 02 that had Onstar because the 2000 didn't and wanted to have safety for my Wife...Then bought an 04 SS as well...
I can identify with that :D . I had a new black '58 Impala two door, one of my more memorable cars. I also had a '02 and '06. I believe '06 was the last year you could buy any big sedan with steering column gear shift and no center console, which was something I liked.
Revo2Maxx wrote: (re:Push Notifications) ...Sadly for me only thing that works is Live View. I have tried Snap shot and Video but I get nothing besides the alert...
I get camera push notifications with video, perhaps because the MD event video is stored on the camera SD card. I need to wait a few seconds before clicking the notification, otherwise it may say no recording.

Hope you all are doing well!

This is a very common thing that I would like to follow up on, as Jack7 said, you will want to wait after the motion notification as your app alerts you of motion but if the motion is continuing or just finished the recording it will need to finalize and finish. After it is finalized and the event has stopped the recording will be saved and accessible. However, if you click on it too soon it will say "no record" as it is either still recording or not finalized.

Hope this helps explains this a bit more, We are looking to improve this feature in future updates.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thank you both for the info. Sadly mine on the Video and yes I have it set to record to the MSD sadly even if I come back an hour after the event it says no record when I click. So that was why I changed over to live view. Even then at times it just times out. But I have the Event record and for me that is what is important. Can look it up over FTP, My DVR or the MSD at a latter time in the day. used to Record CBR to the Card 720P and it was filling the card up rather fast. So now I just have it record Events and let my DVR Recording do the rest and FTP as a backup incase.
Be Safe.
Dandelena

Post by Dandelena »

The issue with the notification approach, and yes I’ve done that on my 956 Dome camera is that the link to the event doesn’t always work as expected. As mentioned here sometimes is says no recording no matter how long I wait, and sometimes it takes me to a different camera than the notification was initiated from, in either case useless. Getting the FW fixed for these dome cameras to enable gmail is critical, as it encapsulates the event in a complete package of notification with images.

Why can’t Amcrest get this done ???