IPM-722S flashing In daylight when shadows are present

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mhauck

IPM-722S flashing In daylight when shadows are present

Post by mhauck »

I just pick up a 4 of your of your IPM-722S
Cameras and I'm running them hardwired to my main router (wireless off), having a consistent issue of flashing like it's trying to focus and are going in and out of nightvision. When my house to cast a shadow into the view of the camera. And it's not consistent. I do have instances on a cloudy day when the camera will starts flickering for no reason. This is not just one camera I'm having a consistently with three of the four cameras. I've scoured the web and I seem to find no answers other than waiting on a firmware upgrade from Amcrest. Considering I'm not the only one having the same issue it looks to be a problem with the firmware or the camera itself.

I've tried just about every setting on the camera day mode night mode BNC on BNC off even selecting areas hasn't helped as the sun moves and the shadow changes. And depending on how you set it some areas become unreviewable as they are so dark when it's daylight outside. At this point I'm hoping you have an answer before I start returning everything back to Amazon.

Any help would be great, they should just work out of the box
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: IPM-722S flashing In daylight when shadows are present

Post by Melvin »

Hello mhauck,

When the camera switches night and day mode there will be a clicking noise. Please try the below settings and see if that works better for you.
Login to the camera interface from a PC, go to Setup> Camera > Configuration and on then right hand side increase the D&N Delay and keep the D&N Sensitivity to low.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

mhauck

Post by mhauck »

Delete
Last edited by mhauck on Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
I am not getting a clear image of your settings. On the top of this settings page, you can select profile and select 'Normal' from the drop down and then I believe you will begetting the options I mentioned.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

mhauck

Post by mhauck »

This camera does not have a day & night delay it only has options for AUTO, Day and Night. Are you guys working on a fix for this issue?
I have look all over

Also did not know you are the site admin. Any help would be great
Configuration
Profile Management

Profile Management

Normal

Full Time

Schedule

When I picked Normal there is not an option for a delay. Now if you are saying to setup a Schedule I have done that and yes it will work short term. But that's not the point. Camera should work out of the box with out playing with setting for something as simple as sun rise and sun set. The sun comes up and down at different time of the day and the camera will switch to Night before the sun is even down with the setup you are suggesting. How do you fix that problem?

Are you guys working on a fix?
If not I will be return back to Amazon and the review will not be great thats for sure.

I did start with this question is Amcrest going to fix the problem are you aware of the problem ??

Melvin wrote:Hello mhauck,

When the camera switches night and day mode there will be a clicking noise. Please try the below settings and see if that works better for you.
Login to the camera interface from a PC, go to Setup> Camera > Configuration and on then right hand side increase the D&N Delay and keep the D&N Sensitivity to low.
mhauck

Post by mhauck »

Melvin do you have any update to my question on firmware updates for this Camera
mhauck

Post by mhauck »

Setting up a profile works till its raining and a hard day also.

As you can see from the groups here there is no support from Amcrest
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello mhauck,
I have forwarded the issue you reported to our R&D team. It appears that the model you have does not support the feature I mentioned.

mhauck

Post by mhauck »

Any update on this issue? Noticed on you site you dont have any firmware updates for cameras that are not PTZ, Hmmm
This is going to hurt sales as if you look at amazon site you will see lots of people with the same issue with this camera
Splintor13

Post by Splintor13 »

I am having this issue as well. Just random flashing like it's trying to set exposure in bright sunlight. Sun is not coming directly into the lens. Just ordered a second and am thinking I should have waited. Really like this camera otherwise