IPC update failing, despite disabling all recording function

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Morgon

IPC update failing, despite disabling all recording function

Post by Morgon »

I'm trying to update the firmware of my IP3M-956E (current device version 2.400; attempting to update to 2.420).

When attempting to update, the web interface warns: " Pre-record or record function is enabled; please turn off pre-record or record function. Otherwise, IPC upgrading may fail, continue ?" -- If I continue, it does indeed fail as it claimed.

I've turned off all schedules (both Record and Snapshot) and have zeroed out the pre-record value for this channel, yet this warning still displays, and still fails if I try to continue. I even went as far as to disable Motion Detect and other alarms that were enabled; at this point, it would not record for any reason.

Inline edit: I went to Storage -> Record and turned off the Main Stream and Snapshot channels, and that at least takes care of the warning, but it's still failing.

What am I missing?
Attachments
Screenshot of empty schedule
Screenshot of empty schedule
CONFIG.png (102.7 KiB) Viewed 1442 times
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: IPC update failing, despite disabling all recording func

Post by Melvin »

Hello Morgon,

How is the POE camera connected? is it connected directly to Amcrest POE NVR or through a router via POE switch? Are you trying to upgrade from the cameras interface or the NVR's? It could be that the update is failing when trying through the web interface.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

ricsvcr

Re: IPC update failing, despite disabling all recording function

Post by ricsvcr »

I know it has been a while but I just had this problem today and I thought this might be useful for someone else.

Just to clarify, these are the steps you will follow to upgrade any of the cameras when they are connected directly to the NVR and you are logged in the web interface. Also in my case these are POE (Power over Ethernet) cameras. The name of the sections might be slightly different in your case, but hopefully it would still give you a good idea of what to do, or where to go in the interface.

As mentioned before the upgrade warning is not very helpful in the sense that it does not tell you exactly where to go. It seems that what you have to do is go to Storage > Record, now look for the channel that you want to disable, set all streams to "Off", and click on Save . Go back to the channel upgrade (Remote > IPC Update) and run it again, it should run fine this time, just make sure you downloaded the right firmware for the right camera, and that you are selecting the right channel.

Once the process is complete it should say "Successful", now just go back to Storage > Record and re-enable the video streams you disabled before.