IP8M-VD2893EW-AI - Issues with API being inconsistent

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-VD2893EW-AI - Issues with API being inconsistent

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sounds like an issue with SS if camera works single mode. Maybe there is a SS update that will work with the 2 cameras. My guess is there might be a bandwidth short comings with number of cameras at encoding rates. Like some of my NVRs have max ratings. Personally don't know I use recorders 95% of my camera setup with few cameras on ASP
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
madasus1

Post by madasus1 »

afraid not. I deleted the original camera completely so the total count of cameras is the same.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok Sorry mis-understood the last steps..

So as I was trying to say.

Remove Camera that is work, Don't add it back, Remove the one that wasn't working and add it back to the area that the camera was working at.. So if you have 8 cameras connected and trying to connect 9 Remove the one that is working, Then add the one that wasn't in the place of the one that was.

So there is Still only 8 cameras in the 8 cameras slot.. Not trying to add the one back to the same spot it was in Yet adding it back to the spot that the working camera was in..

Guess I am not sure what is going on.. Without trying to access the camera on SS can you access the camera using WebUI and AVP?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
madasus1

Post by madasus1 »

no issues with the WebUI. At this point i'm just going to RMA it I think and get a refund. I'll go buy a different model. I have 15 other Amcrest cameras on SS and all work fine.