IP8M-VD2893EW-AI Issues

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
GaryPSU

IP8M-VD2893EW-AI Issues

Post by GaryPSU »

When “upgrading” the firmware from the Amcrest website, 30 FPS is available. When viewing after the firmware installation, only 20 FPS is available. When opening the camera setup, a maximum of 20 FPS is shown as available. There is only one firmware available dated 08/30/2022. Any ideas?
GaryPSU

Re: IP8M-VD2893EW-AI Issues

Post by GaryPSU »

Correction. Firmware is dated 08/23/2022.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

If accessing/viewing the camera setup options through a NVR, the NVR firmware itself may be imposing the limitation even though the camera firmware accessible via its webUI offers higher level performance settings.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

I appreciate your reply and understand what you said. I am not using an NVR (or Amcrest Cloud which has been known to change settings). My viewing has only been on a Windows laptop, MacBook Pro, iPhone & iPad. After saving the “upgrade” and closing, the next time I open the view pro, 20 FPS is listed. When returning to setup, no resolution has a choice for anything faster than 20 FPS.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I don't see 30 frames available anywhere aside from 1~30fps stream rate given as a 'capability' in their pdf tech specifications, but not as a specific user defined performance parameter. Also, the frame rate listed in the product info at 3840 x 2160 is only 15fps.

That said, Amcrest often plays a little loose with their published performance specifications (as do all manufacturers/vendors at the consumer/pro-sumer level) leading to consumer confusion and misunderstanding about the true capabilities of any given product. A 4K UHD 8 Channel POE NVR may indeed provide 4K HD at a given frame rate -- but maybe on only two channels at the same time while the other six are relegated to 2MP performance. It'll be in the fine print somewhere, but certainly not an out front selling point.

Not suggesting you don't already understand the above, just putting it forth as a possible reason for the inconsistency you're experiencing between the information provided compared to the actual performance and/or available options being realized.

You may want to try VLC viewer as an alternative viewing option for its analysis capabilities if nothing else. And also realize that any PC setup requires the actual capability to run a full-blown 4K camera stream regardless of the software involved.

Lastly, what frame rate/resolution options exist in the camera's onboard webUI? 30fps may well be there, but maybe not until you drop the resolution to 4 or 5MP.

I'd love to have one of those cameras but know for a fact it would only run at 7fps @4K on my Amcrest 4K UHD NVR! (the fine print)

Good luck getting yours sorted out.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

GaryPSU wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:09 pm When returning to setup, no resolution has a choice for anything faster than 20 FPS.
Sorry for missing this.

Also, I did notice in the upgrade change log that a factory reset is required to delete the previous file for the new features to be enabled along with some FTP and SD card storage considerations. Perhaps this may help if not already tried.

>> Change log:

No changes made.

Note:

1. A hard reset or "Restore to default settings" is required to delete the old system file and enable the new features.
2. The old footage and snapshots that are stored in the old file structure on FTP or NAS should be backed up manually as the new structure wont be able to overwrite them. Otherwise the storage capacity of FTP or NAS will be limited.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

I realize that video options change depending on what motion detection I use. Since this camera has human and vehicle detection, I have to disable the standard motion detection in order to get the proper result with intrusion detection under IVS. I have 20 fps using this setting which is fine. This is a great camera with a poor “manual”. Trial and error is what worked for me. Fortunately I’m an old retired guy with a lot of time to do this. 😄