IP8M-VB2896EW-AI Anyone own?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

IP8M-VB2896EW-AI Anyone own?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So looking for a new camera today I came across one that is out of stock and I am interested in it.. So not sure what all it comes with and looking to see if someone can help with that info..

Right now I have a few some older pre Amcrest IVS cameras and also have the 1046EW-AI Amcrest camera. So buying the 7108-AI DVR I should have bought the 5116-AI because I didn't see the full and true Data sheet.. SO I am trying to Avoid that here this time..

Besides the normal Face Detect and Recognition and normal 2 IVS rules like LIne Crossing and Intrusion I would like to know what other IVS rules it offers as well..

Then the next thing that has me looking at this camera is the Zoom ability and seeing this is a 8mp camera that is great however it says 5x zoom however then in data from page it says it is a Varifocal lens and in personal owned cameras zoom and Motorized Varifocal lenses are not the same beast so are they True zoom or just a Motorized VF camera?

Thanks for any info you might have of your use and quality of picture at night with the lens at full out 2.7mm and full or close as one can get to the 13.5mm. Also is there any IR boosting at night like I have with my 10x zoom 2mp cameras or just 1 power fits all IR at night at all ranges of zoom?
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-VB2896EW-AI Anyone own?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I made a Video of one of my PTZ cameras, This camera is in the normal location of the normal backPTZ. However that camera was 37x and this one is only a 12x. So I thought maybe if I did a Zoom from fully out to 5x zoom that maybe I could get some idea just how the 2896 might look while making the change from the fully out to the 5x zoomed in.. Now this camera is only a 600tvl CVBS camera and 700tvl at night so it is much lower Resolution then a 8mp camera..

Also this camera don't have any IR so I show little bit of the 850's IR that can be seen within the Camera I am using. This is because I am trying to also find out if the Camera has ZoomPrio and when you zoom in the IR changes brightness.. I have some 2mp 10x cameras that change from 2 normal full FOV IR to having 4 on when zoomed in. Or is it just 1 IR fits all settings?

So this camera is at a starting Zoom point of 4.9 and I just looked at the stats for the 2896 and it's starting point is 2.7 so I know how far that is in my other cameras with that lens, The point of the Video is to try and have people with the Camera give some feedback as to the amount of zoom in relation to the starting FOV? With the Camera I am looking to buy the 2896 with it being a 8mp camera my guess is the Quality of Picture would be 8x greater then the one in the Video?

Thanks for any feedback about the 2896, It is non listed Video so only get there with this link.. Starts out in 720 and can be played in 1080 for best results. https://youtube.com/watch?v=gJe7iSRugeU
Be Safe.