IP8M-T2599EWdefault night time settings

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bmonty

IP8M-T2599EWdefault night time settings

Post by bmonty »

Hello, I have been using an alternative camera system and was quite happy with the product. I tried upgrading to their 4K product, and for a variety of reasons was not happy with it, leading me to try this one.

So far, it definitely looks promising. Except in particular the night vision. I have attached an image from the 2K camera
Other camera night picture
Other camera night picture
vlcsnap-2021-05-21-15h54m49s768.png (188.56 KiB) Viewed 633 times
and next to it is the IP8M. There are way more recordings than with the 2K camera, and it seems to be detecting insects flying around
23.51[M][0@0][0].jpg
23.51[M][0@0][0].jpg (149.83 KiB) Viewed 633 times
23.53[M][0@0][0].jpg
23.53[M][0@0][0].jpg (149.36 KiB) Viewed 633 times
However, I could not find the car that the 2K camera captured.

What recommendations are there for changing the night time settings?

Thanks,
Bryan.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-T2599EWdefault night time settings

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@bmonty Hello and Welcome to the Forum...

So to be honest it really has to do with what your going to be using your camera system for... First and one of the largest issues with any camera be it White light camera or IR LED B/W camera is it will pickup every bug that flies by, Then it is Heaven for Spiders to make webs in front of... Then if you live in an area like me you will have Rain, Snow, Humid air on all other nights where there are no bugs...

So how do you fix this.. there is 2 ways.. One way if your area like most of my area has a lot of light you can setup most cameras to record in Color at night within the cameras WebUI settings... Also 90% of my Analog cameras can also work in color just non of my Amcrest cvi cameras or my Amcrest 960h cameras.. So they are being stored all but one cvi camera I have left running..
The second thing and not a Free option as the first, is using IR or White Light Blasters, iLUMINAR is a good company that has both White light and IR blasters however they are kind of high end that comes at a high price with 5 year warranty used to be 8.. Then depending on the way you run your system color with White light or IR making sure you have the right LED for the job is most important and then pointing in the right area of VIEW is next for second most important..

There is Cheaper systems out there and might be the way for some people to go seeing they might last a year or 2 maybe more and cost would be maybe same or cheaper in the long run if you don't mind having to change out dead lights as they go out.. Also if I remember right iLUMINAR also has POE leds as well..

So other options are changing the cameras Settings to take in better light sadly that will cause Motion blur and make things not look so well for Security...

Bullet camera that is large enough to get past that ledge is kind of needed as your camera is adjusting for to much light caused by IR/Light reflection off the wood.. You could try to paint that area in Flat Black to help some but that won't cure it all...

So I setup a few pictures I took this from my NVR tonight, the first picture is showing 2 pictures I cut and pasted the second into the second row you will see time is different.. I wanted to show this picture as I have it setup right now Lights off, Then in the second row they are same cameras just different time when I turned on the White LED of the Camera at 100% the camera on the Right isn't a Color at night camera by design I just have it running in Color for the scene afar...
Then the Picture that only shows the 2 cameras without any other things within the picture is the same camera running the camera on the LEFT LEDS at 20%

Top 2 normal at night the second 2 in this photo is same cameras with camera on Left 100% Leds on
21.05.2021_22.24.12_REC.png
21.05.2021_22.24.12_REC.png (1.98 MiB) Viewed 626 times
Same cameras again left camera with LEDs on 20% power camera on right is IR at night IR off working in Color mode
20percent.png
20percent.png (964.6 KiB) Viewed 626 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-T2599EWdefault night time settings

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Was going to upload a picture with IR on however because of the all the IR on the area this camera won't turn on the IR seeing only option it has is a Smart IR.. With the camera already seeing so much IR from cameras behind it and beside it this camera won't turn on the IR..

I thought I would mention also.. Looking at your pictures the DOTS on the lens are Dried water your picture can improve some by cleaning off the lens..
Be Safe.