IP8M-T2599E Recording to FTP directory annoyance. NEED FIX!

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
fjl05

IP8M-T2599E Recording to FTP directory annoyance. NEED FIX!

Post by fjl05 »

I just recently purchased a IP8M-T2599E and have it set to record all videos and snapshots to my FTP. Problem is that when it transfers the files to the FTP it makes a new folder for every changing hour of the day. Basically if something happens at 5 o'clock AM, it will create a new folder named '05' and put everything it recorded at that hour into that folder. Then it creates a new folder called '06' for 6am and records everything that happened at 6am into that folder. It does this for every hour of the day. And I find it infuriating having to search through the video and snapshots and have to navigate through different folders for each hour. This is the first time I've bought a IP8M-T2599E. I previously bought the IP8M-T2499E cameras and they would put all photos files into one main folder that was recorded throughout the whole day. So it would be easy to skim through the photo files opening one then the next without having to search different folders for each hour of the day. Same with video files.

Is there an option to switch the way it saves the files into the folders? Have one folder for the whole day? Or am I stuck with this annoyance?

The only reason I even bought the IP8M-T2599E was because i was told by the amcrest team that it's supposed to be an improved version of the IP8M-T2499E. How is this file saving scheme an improvement? Also I didn't even want a IP8M-T2599E, but also only got it because the IP8M-T2499E is no longer in stock. Plus this newer version has a smaller wide angle lens, which I also wasn't fond of. I've also at times have a hard time getting Amcrest View Pro to connect to the IP8M-T2599E camera and in the meanwhile connecting to my older cameras have zero problems. I just wanted a IP8M-T2499E where everything was working great, up until now. But instead I'm stuck with this IP8M-T2599E that just doesn't do it for me.
fjl05

Re: IP8M-T2599E Recording to FTP directory annoyance. NEED FIX!

Post by fjl05 »

anyone?