IP8M-T2599E goes offline

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
patric

IP8M-T2599E goes offline

Post by patric »

A relatively new IP8M-T2599E goes offline every few days for no apparent reason.

Works fine for days then goes offline seemingly at random, and isnt visible to the NVR, web interface or the IP Config utility.

Occasionally it will wake up long enough to send a frozen image to the NVR.

The camera is getting power even when offline, as indicated by the working IR illuminatiors.

I have replaced RJ45 connectors at each end, and then the entire solid copper cable without any improvement.

Changing its position on the PoE switch doesnt seem to matter, and Im within the power budget of the switch (if im understanding the power draw of the camera correctly).

Rebooting the camera by unplugging and reconnecting seems to bring it back to life for a couple days, then the cycle repeats.

Doesnt seem to be any particular time of day that this happens.

The only information that appears to be in the log is the last reboot (attached).
log-1.jpg
log-1.jpg (45.83 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-T2599E goes offline

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess would be failing Micro SD card..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

I hadnt thought of a failing Micro SD card, how would that interfere with the stream?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest I don't know why or how it does. I just know that I had something that sounds about the same issue I was having.. I tried for a while everything.. I then thought forget it and took the camera down replaced with one of my Backup cameras that I keep on hand.. When I installed the MSD in that camera it was working fine (Kept the old camera) however in about a month the camera started acting the same way. So I took the saved camera and installed a new WD Purple in it and installed it in my Office and it didn't act up for 2 week with the new MSD installed.. (where before I would be lucky to get 2 days with the old card before the camera would fail) Removed the backup cameras installed the other one back in place, Took another WD MSD installed in my backup camera and sure enough that camera also didn't have any more issues.. So now just to confuse me lol. I did find a camera that the not such a good working MSD card will work in.. Only thing I can think of it isn't running as long and hard as the CCTV cameras are so that is why it works in my Drones Action Cam however if I install it in a known working camera it just gives me issues and depending on the camera it can take a little longer in 1 camera over another.. I have it marked with a B for bad so I don't go installing it in my CCTV cameras by mistake again..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

I plunked down $66 for a Western Digital Purple Endurance card hoping that the camera failure was tied to a bad SD card but no, that didnt fix it either. I spent my return window time on troubleshooting that didnt work, and I really cant rely on a security camera that quits every three days. Im either going to ask that it be replaced or exchanged for an older, more stable camera and firmware.
patric

Post by patric »

Follow up: Amcrest RMA replaced the camera as not working with the recommended SD card. They explicitly said they would not replace the camera with an older model. The replacement has not exhibited the same problems. so far, so good.
alptek1

Post by alptek1 »

I have the same problem on same model , i have 11 of them. i updated the firmware to V2.800.00AC001.0.R.201230 , it made it worse.
patric

Post by patric »

alptek1 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:32 am I have the same problem on same model , i have 11 of them. i updated the firmware to V2.800.00AC001.0.R.201230 , it made it worse.
I didnt think about it at the time, but you might see if you can identify the batch they came from in case there was a run of duds they need to recall.

After extensive troubleshooting your only recourse is getting a Return number and having it exchanged. Hope you saved your receipt.