IP8M-T2499EW setting

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
zplugger

IP8M-T2499EW setting

Post by zplugger »

Just got this camera,daytime it looks Perfect. Night Time different,so bad ready to send it back. I know I must change the setting for better picture, can't find anywhere in setup to control IR lights? I read in different post about setting this,why can't I find it.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-T2499EW setting

Post by longedge »

Page 76 of the user manual describes the method that I use for my cameras. Looks like it's the same across many cameras. In the settings for camera configuration there is a section where IR lights are controlled.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Thanks longedge, but I can't anything like that on my setup. I have a monitor connected to the nvr and do not see these setting on camera config. I tried the internet explorer app and the same thing, missing something here. I must be using wrong app? On page 76 app it shows Live Playback Cloud Storage on top, mine shows Preview Playback Alarm ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Are you trying to make changes over the Camera or NVR?

Need to log in camera by going to the Cameras IP address. Then click the setup it should be 3Rd button from Right, then Camera Configuration, then IR Light change to Manual and make adjustment if not enough. However in Smart IR they normally will give you as much light as the camera feels it can if it sees IR Reflections it will not give much power because it will assume it isnt needed when it might be that the Camera is just placed to close to something reflecting the IR back
Be Safe.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Hello Revo
Trying over the NVR, not sure how to connect to camera? I see on the NVR under camera it has a ip, but how to log into that?
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Got it, will try some more setting tonight. Like the camera for daytime but not for night time. Hope to get the setting better,was hoping for better night time.
wickedstangs

Post by wickedstangs »

Did it work for you I am having same issue ready to purchase another one. My IP2M-856EW is amazing at night.
CronoBandit

Post by CronoBandit »

zplugger wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:24 am Got it, will try some more setting tonight. Like the camera for daytime but not for night time. Hope to get the setting better,was hoping for better night time.
I have several of the 2499EW turrets - love 'em. Give this a try :

Click the "Camera" section, then the "Configuration" sub-section.
You'll see settings for Picture, Exposure, BLC Mode, etc..... leave everything factory defaults, except these two:
BLC Mode --> set to "BLC"
IR Light --> set to "Manual", and then lower the "middleLight" setting way way down to like 10.

This works real well is there is some ambient light (aka not pitch black dark). Turning BLC on make the camera's iris pick-up faint light as well as brighter objects, then equalizes the entire picture where everything just appears lit-up in the frame. Different IR levels (staying on the lower end), etc.... and even try putting BLC into WDR mode - all depends on your scene.
Lowering the IR LED intensity (I know, that sounds backwards) allows less bright light, less saturation and wash which permits the BLC algorithm to do a better job a picking up the faint returns. The end-result is fantastic night view !!