IP8M-2796EW - cannot enable VBR, always switches to CBR

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dtcamcrest

IP8M-2796EW - cannot enable VBR, always switches to CBR

Post by dtcamcrest »

I have a few Amcrest cameras so I generally know how they work. I bought a IP8M-2796EW-AI and everytime I set it from CBR -> VBR, it switches back to CBR. I've tried this for H.265 and all the different H.264 combinations.

Anyone know how I could enable VBR on the main stream?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-2796EW - cannot enable VBR, always switches to CBR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure why your not able to, My guess is that it might be a Firmware issue, or maybe your bit rate is out of range. I logged into one of my 8mp cameras and have no issue being able to change from CBR to VBR. Now I personally didn't only change it on Main I did the same for my Sub channel so maybe that could be an issue if your only trying to change for one and not the other. I personally don't have the camera you have listed and to be honest I wasn't able to find that model. I could find a IP8M-2696EW, and I was able to find one almost as in your post the IP8M-VB2796EW with a Motorized Lens. In that manual it does say that it should work in h.264 format..

So only other thing that comes to mind is maybe you have Smart Codec turned on?

Run this
http: //10.0.0.72/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=Encode

I have a space between the http: and the // or it wouldn't post it as text. Anyway with it entered right and with your cameras IP in place of mine, copy and paste the info into a DM to me and maybe there will be something in there that might explain why it isn't working to your wishes. Or you could post it here, however the info is kind of long..
Screenshot (3639).png
Screenshot (3639).png (393.63 KiB) Viewed 769 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting I did find the camera, looks like a Color at night camera? Says it should be h.264 and h.265 however I can't find a manual on it so I am not sure about why it won't work in VBR, Did you try as I said before changing both Main and Sub to VBR? I personally keep all my cameras in CBR.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
pparker900

Post by pparker900 »

I have exactly the same issue. No matter what I do, the main stream always reverts back to CBR. Oddly, the substream stays VBR as i have programmed it. I'm trying to use this with BlueIris so I would like to have VBR support. Is there a fix for this bug?