IP8M-2796EW-AI Will NOT push motion detect notifications...

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
JimmyFal

IP8M-2796EW-AI Will NOT push motion detect notifications...

Post by JimmyFal »

Just purchased and setup this camera. I am pretty fluent in the Amcrest ecosystem.

I ONLY receive push notifications for vehicle and humans, even though I have regular motion detection enabled.

MD events DO record however and I have to go looking for them in the playback. I enjoy the frequent wildlife that go by my cam and I am not detecting Coyotes and Racoons via push.

Its and Android v. 12 phone. Surface Duo. Not sure what to do.

Also no manual available for this camera on website, kinda annoying.

JF
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-2796EW-AI Will NOT push motion detect notifications...

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

So there was another I think with that camera that said the same thing.

So here is a Question and an Idea?!

Q. did you setup the IVS rules on your App? When you Setup your IVS rules on the ap did you happen to re enable the Motion at the same time?

I. Bring up app, got to Push for the camera, then click on the IVS turn it off, Then turn on Motion even though it is setup already I am guessing. turn it off and then back on save and exit. test for motion events.

IF you get motion events. Then go back in the app and setup again for IVS. My guess is 1 of 2 things might happen. 1, it will start IVS only again or it will work both IVS and Motion.

Just some Ideas
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
JimmyFal

Post by JimmyFal »

"Q. did you setup the IVS rules on your App? When you Setup your IVS rules on the ap did you happen to re enable the Motion at the same time?"

I am currently NOT using IVS rules.

Overall I love the camera.
JimmyFal

Post by JimmyFal »

I figured it out.

I did not realize that putting IVS ON, would turn OFF the motion detect in WEB interface. I have since re-enabled it there and all is good in this department. Thanks for the suggestion that worked. I wish this app wasn't so clunky on the mobile side. I hope they have plans to overhaul it.