IP8M-2796EW-AI

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
cklages

IP8M-2796EW-AI

Post by cklages »

just got this camera. hooked it to my poe switch with short patch cable and it started working and i could access it through ip config. hooked camera to cable in its intended location and cannot get it to work. doesnt show a light on my switch that it is connected, it does with the patch cable. checked cable and it is good. its about a 100 foot run of cat 6 23 gauge solid copper wire. hooked an old camera to same cable and it works. i have an ash 47 camera close to this one with same cabling and it works fine. any ideas or is the camera bad?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-2796EW-AI

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't know that sounds like one of a couple of things. First I would try to see if connecting the smaller cable to the same port as the outside camera is connected to (say it is port 3 for that outside camera and your testing on port 9 for the short run test, Test the short run on port 3). Checking to see if it won't run while on short cable. If it does while on that same port on short cable then it could be bad camera. However one of the issues with 1 camera working and another one isn't on same cable is there is many different types of cameras that require different power. So a older camera or one with less demand might require lower power consumption and it might be that the Amcrest camera has a higher demand that the cable because of a kink or stretch or some other issue isn't able to provide to the Amcrest Camera. However if you plug it in the other port of the working one outside on your short cable and camera isn't able to run there could be an issue with your POE Switch with that port.. I will admit my POE+ Switch now is down to about 4 ports working on a 24 port switch that has 12 POE+ ports. Some caused by testing dead cameras that I was fixing for others lol and others caused by lightning.
Be Safe.