IP8M-2796EB-AI how can i setup an area when motion is detected the white light turns on?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
kritike11

IP8M-2796EB-AI how can i setup an area when motion is detected the white light turns on?

Post by kritike11 »

i have tried everything and it seems like i got it kind of working, but it takes too long for the light to trigger. i think i am doing it wrong so can we go over what settings should be enabled etc. i bought this camera to act as a camera as well as a light for the area at night. i am going crazy trying to get it to work properly thank you!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-2796EB-AI how can i setup an area when motion is detected the white light turns on?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess is that is a feature that isn't within that camera. While I don't know all cameras offered by Amcrest I know the normal layout for most devices. So if looking at your cameras event page *Meaning Motion and or IVS if your device has IVS.. Where you make all the adjustments for the events if there is an ability to turn on a light for full time or even Flicker like the picture of one of my cameras below. It would talk about What you want to do for each event type. However there is another type that could be used still. This would be under the cameras setup area for Illumination, It might have an option of what to do for night time light. Options like Smart, IR or White led kind of thing. Under smart on my other brand camera it then turns on the led and changes to color image until the time runs out for the event then goes back to IR. So that might be an option as well..
Screenshot (1860).png
Screenshot (1860).png (35.95 KiB) Viewed 317 times
Be Safe.
kritike11

Re: IP8M-2796EB-AI how can i setup an area when motion is detected the white light turns on?

Post by kritike11 »

yeah so i have that set, i guess my question is can i just have my smart plan set to ivs and then configured in ivs like the picture you posted? or does for instant motion detection, smart detection, and the ir settings have to be filled out for the ivs to work properly? if i am doing this setup on ivs then where is the sensitivity of the trigger?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry not sure I understand..

Most of my true AI cameras I have all motion turned off and only use IVS for events. However if you are asking if using IVS and setup there does all other event types need to be setup for the lights to work on them events then yes, motion would also need to be setup. However if you are asking about using SMD and not IVS how to make the adjustment there then that setting is for Motion. All things like Light, email, picture schedule and so on is all part of the motion tab. Only thing SMD has is the ability to pick what filter you want in place Human or Vehicle and or both.. All other settings for SMD is in the motion event tab..

If that wasn't what you were asking sorry please ask again..
Be Safe.
kritike11

Post by kritike11 »

Hi sorry for the delay.....i think i may figured out the issue.... has to do with the profile setup.... during the "day" the camera light was turning on when motion detected in the camera view.

let's start from scratch. i just got the camera and i want to only have the light go on from 7pm to 8am when motion is detected in the whole camera view and when it is detected right away, not that there has to be motion for a number of seconds. how do i do this? thank you
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

On mine under the event you are working on in my case a Tripwire, under the light and siren area I have a Period option. In mine I have it setup to also not come on in the day time. while it isn't perfect it suits my needs... Oddly when I click it the screen for my camera goes black but there is a camera live there..
Screenshot (1882).png
Screenshot (1882).png (158.08 KiB) Viewed 86 times
Be Safe.
kritike11

Post by kritike11 »

when say a person walks in the highlighted area does the light come on right away? that is what i need....i did this and it did not work, but i think it is because somewhere a setting is not correct, that is why i want to go over all your settings.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That isn't an option that I know of on my camera anyway. I do have other cameras that have How long does someone have to be in an area before the alert is sent. For the Alarm with White light it should be as soon as the IVS SMD or Alarm is triggered if the Light option was setup it should then light. The Duration is how long you want it to stay lit.

Thought you were asking about how to turn off light at hours when light isn't needed so that was why I posted it was under Period..

Once Motion, SMD, IVS rule or Alarm is triggered and any of them have the light option setup then it should turn on the light, Duration is for how long it will stay lit...
Be Safe.