IP8M-2779-AI Color Night Vision Setup

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
coolgreany

IP8M-2779-AI Color Night Vision Setup

Post by coolgreany »

I just purchased an IP8M-2779-AI to upgrade a IP8M-2449E and see if the color night vision feature works better than the old model.

I've been playing with all the settings per the manual but can't seem to figure out how the camera automatically transitions to night settings to turn on the spotlight.

It seems no matter what I do the spotlight gets triggered on during the daylight hours when there is motion.

The only thing that prevents the light from coming on during the day is to set the period for the video detection to just work during night time hours.  That may work but it's not ideal as the hours for night change during the year.

Is that the only way to set it up or am I missing something else?

I thought the camera would automatically determine when it was night time and switch between day and night based on the general configuration setting.

I have the configuration set to general instead of always on or day or night.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-2779-AI Color Night Vision Setup

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I don't know this camera however it kind of sounds like one of mine and might be setup in the same way.

I have a IP8M-2685E-AI Camera that is an Active Deterrence camera. If I setup the camera on motion to activate the White LED then it will either come on and Flash for a set time or come on and stay on for that set time. If I setup the camera to work in Color at night mode I will need to setup the camera to be that rather then setup in auto in day/night mode. I would want to setup on Day, and rather then using Auto I would want to setup in Color only. Then in the IR page where it has Auto and Manual or off. I would want to setup how bright I would want to have it in Manual mode then I would switch back to Auto and this will turn the light on at night when the outside light gets low enough. Now be sure not to setup Motion, IVS, or SMD to have Flash for events or might make it so you can' see what is going on.

However if you are looking to setup your camera to turn on the White LED on an event then you would want to setup as Always on not flash for that event and then when your IVS or SMD event happens the white LED turns on full time and the camera changes to color once the event time is over the camera goes back to IR. This is for people that don't want to make it well known where the camera is pointing or light area at night full time. However setting it up this way you don't want the full time setup to Color and you would want to setup a Schedule for the light event or it will come on in the day time as well..

If you want or need I could make a video after the camera goes into night mode to show different options if needed something to be clearer then what is written.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Doing some looking it seems that not all the cameras have the ability to work color at night full time.

So I was looking around little more with my 2685E-AI camera and it in fact does not have full time white light at night for color images. I have a good few cameras and at times get things confused on what ones do what these days. However for the cameras like my 2685 and might be like yours as well. If it has on the Event page for White Led on an event, Mine only offers 5-30 second light per event. However it does light the area and take a ok picture for the night events. Again not all cameras offer and if you are looking for one that would. My guess is that you would want to find a listing that states Night Color camera like my 1046EW-AI camera that I bought back in 2020 I think, It has been a good while. I have others that are color only night cameras that dont even offer IR for B/W at night and even have one from Dahua that is color night that don't even have any LED's IR or White just has that good of a lens that it works well in very low light. Not really a good camera however in no light areas.

Also something to think about if you have some light at night in the area of the camera you could turn on the Color at night only with the Event LED and get very good night color recordings. Just distant events without a good light source might not be so good. Turning my camera full time color with the Very Little white light from my neighbors light under the fence was enough to get the camera to see even past the area the IR fills. Not very bright like my Color Night cameras, But enough that someone tripping the Event line would capture good color full time night recordings..
Be Safe.
coolgreany

Post by coolgreany »

@Revo2Maxx thanks.

Ideally what I want to happen is for the camera to automatically switch from Day Color to Night IR and then switch to Color Night Vision when when motion is detected without setting any specific hours for events. Not sure if that's possible. The only way I can make that happen is to set the hours under the Video Detection period settings.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok, Then to be honest, It would be best to reset the camera configuration back to default if the option is there. If it isn't then I would reset the camera back to factory and make this changes. By default the camera is setup to be IR at night, What you will want to do is setup your Event be it SMD, IVS or what ever option you are using. IVS is best to keep down all false recordings.

Then in the Event page you would click the Light Option, If you want to go to color then click the Always On option. Then under that option area is a schedule. This will only be for when the light is to be active on event not for when the event is active.. So I am clear.. The (Setup) Schedule under the Light area is for the light to be active time. If you don't want to have the light come on at 840am to 440pm then you would setup that time to be removed and once that Event is triggered it will detect if the schedule is right for the light if it isn't the event will record as normal just no light being on in the day time. Also by default the time for light is like 5 seconds this isn't enough to trigger the light to make color image good enough to record well. So make the time for the light triggered as 60seconds..
Be Safe.
coolgreany

Post by coolgreany »

Thanks. I'll play around with those settings. I have a second camera enroute so will experiment using that from the factory default settings.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here is some things for you and others that might be reading this post, IF you are looking lets say a Full time Night color camera that can work with and or without white lights on full time and record in color at night then items like the older 1046EW-AI or 1048EW-AI can do it, For newer products offered is things like
IP8M-TB2886EW-AI around 410USD,
IP8M-T2883EW-AI around 390USD,
IP8M-FCT2999EW-AI around 450USD,
IP8M-FCB2996EW-AI Bullet to the 2999 is around 450USD,
IP8M-DB3946EW-3AI around 320USD,
IP8M-DT3949EW-3AI around 230USD not sure if the price for these last 2 are right however the 3946 does seem to have an extra feature so must be.
TC-1241EW-AI most wouldn't use this but is around 720USD TC is a Thermal Camera
There are others but those are ones found first,
Then for the people that have an Analog camera system looking for full time color at night
AMC-NC-1080TC28-W 2mp camera for about 35USD.
Be Safe.