IP8M-2696EW-AI Vehicle detection

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Phong94

IP8M-2696EW-AI Vehicle detection

Post by Phong94 »

I have a new IP8M-2696EW-AI camera configured in a Synology Surveillance Station setup. The camera is running the latest firmware that is available on the Amcrest download site. Smart Motion Detection is enabled with Person and Vehicle options enabled. I keep getting vehicle detection notifications for an area that is not configured in the defined detection zone.

It appears that regardless of the detection zone that is defined, if a vehicle is detected anywhere within the camera’s view, it is triggering the detection.

Anyone have any thoughts on how how to correct this issue?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-2696EW-AI Vehicle detection

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear that your having some problems with your camera. I am going to guess that the camera is either not working right and might need to be Reset to Factory and setup again for it to work as expected.

Or that the issue is that the written software for the camera is either corrupt by the install or that it was not complete for Grid. I say this because while I don't have a SMD camera I do have SMD DVR that I can setup a grid area outside of the road where I have it pointed and so far i have had 10 cars and 2 people that have been in the area scene but not in the Grid of the SMD (Motion Detection Grid) and I don't get any thing..

Can I ask why you prefer SMD over IVS? I don't own the Camera so I don't know if it is because your trying to use the AI Detection part and maybe not offered for the IVS. I mean I have some Semi AI Cameras that area not able to detect huamn or vehicle and then my 1046EW-AI does human and vehicle AI detection if turned on and is seeing that is how I use it..

Now normally I have my grids setup on the road area. I did however remove the SMD and enable iVS for the channel because of the type of setup I want to use. In my DVR I have it setup 1 IVS channel and the rest are SMD. They have worked flawless..

I would say that how one would go about trying to fix this is to first try a Reset, if the reset and setting back up with your Grid didn't work then the next step would be to install the FW package again even if you were the one that installed it first time I would try to install again and see if that cures the issue..

I ran my Ch1 with SMD for little over 20min with the grid in the grass above the road in a 12 box grid. In that time there was 14 cars and 2 people. When I first setup there was an alert for human and vehicle because the whole grid was chosen seeing I normally have motion turned off for my ch1 because I use IVS normally. Once I moved the grid, I saved and 13 cars that went into the scene didn't get picked up in SMD and only 1 result in search from when I first turned it on..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Phong94

Post by Phong94 »

Thanks! I will try a reset to see if that corrects things. Yes, I prefer the SMD due to the AI detection and I only want to be notified for those events, while still allowing recording of all motion detected events.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Understand. I personally would look at your Intrusion or even Tripwire. I looked at your camera data from Amcrest and it says it will work like my 1046EW-AI in the sense that it can detect humans and autos in IVS rules and only alert you when you get that data..

From what it sounds like right now, If your system was working right then you wouldn't be happy with all the alerts you get, here is why...

While working in SMD when you turn on the AI it turns off the Motion part of the detection and will no longer detect anything outside what you have selected in the Detection type being Human or Vehicle. What I mean is if you setup on the Road in the Center of a Busy section like my road where I get between 250 to 500 cars a day. If I choose Human only then right now the 129 facing that road wouldn't there of Vehicle and only 0 right now of humans. Normally by this hour would have 5 to 12 humans but today is Monday so low count for today..

However with IVS setup lets say you use Intrusion, and you choose Vehicle, Don't choose both ways as I did to start with only use Exit or Enter not both because when you look there was 1000 vehicles and see really only 500 because when each go in it counts and when it leaves it counts. So now I choose Enter.

So in my Picture below, this is on my DVR that I have the ability to use SMD. 1 I don't normally for this channel because if you look in the picture you can see the list of all the cars that pass and I can click that for a fast playback if I wanted.. Now in my picture I have my system setup little different then as I was talking for you. That is because I have 2 Tripwires that I want to trigger my Amcrest 850EB to a Preset once a Vehicle passes. I have the Intrusion box setup for both Human and Vehicles and the Tripwires for only Vehicles and it works perfect as expected..

So then for your setup. You said you want your setup to detect both Vehicle and Humans but also detect all other normal motions under SMD that won't happen. That is if it was working with AI detection enabled using Object Filter. Now my 1046EW-AI don't offer SMD but in the Second picture you can see for my IVS Rules I have the Human detection turned on. however because this is IVS if I wanted and I don't because of Spiders, other bugs, and little animals was setting off my camera so I use IVS pure only with Object Filter turned on. I have other cameras that don't offer Object filter and always false alarms with Spiders, bugs and birds going though my Intrusion lines...

Anyway the 1046EW-AI i have setup with Intrusion in 2 different boxes only showing the first rule seeing they show only 1 at a time however because of the area I have 2 PTZ's that when a Human enters 1 box and exits the first it will tell one of my PTZ cameras to go to a Preset once the event time is up that camera returns back to its guard position. If I didn't have it setup for humans then every thing that set off the event would have my PTZ camera working hard. I know if I look at my screen and one of them cameras are looking in the preset of that Rule then I know to look because something really triggered it..

Now with all that said. Using IVS, I can also leave my Motion enabled to get motion events however I disable motion and only use IVS with Object filter turned on...
Screenshot (2726).png
Screenshot (2726).png (1.44 MiB) Viewed 755 times
Screenshot (2727).png
Screenshot (2727).png (624.16 KiB) Viewed 755 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe