IP8M-2693E firmware update

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mtg

IP8M-2693E firmware update

Post by mtg »

Hi all,

I just installed a couple IP8M AI cameras and mapped to an NVR 4216 AI.
On the remote device I see that the firmare status is "to be upgraded", but found no upgraded firmware in the official website (https://amcrest.com/firmwaredownloads).

Did I miss something?

TIA

M.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-2693E firmware update

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

Please note that some FW that is done with cameras are over what is Called Cloud DL. So when there is something that says you can do a FW update there should be a Box that pops up and asks if you want to Upgrade, WHen you click yes that DL will happen and the camera or Recorder will Upgrade to the last stable Version offered.. The website don't always reflect the updates that are offered...

However if your asking about on the NVR camera, remote device, upgrade area and the Status says in all camera locations To Be Upgraded? what happens when you click on the Detect next to it? If it fails then there might be an update that you can DL off the Amcrest page if it says It is the Latest it is all good and fail don't mean anything really.. If there is an update for your device after you click on Detect, Then click that channel on the left then click on File Upgrade at the bottom..

Just because it says normally To be Upgraded you need to press the Detect to know for sure.. Also they might fail when there is no info about the camera don't mean it isn't offered on the website..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here is one of my cameras that hasn't been connected or updated since 2016 and this is what it looks like for update from cloud...
update.png
update.png (136.28 KiB) Viewed 384 times
Be Safe.
mtg

Post by mtg »

Thanks for the feeback.
The UI of my NVR is a bit different, but no popup appears.
The FW seems quite recent, but NVR is popping the "camera is upgradable" comment.
Don't know hot to attach snapshot.
mtg

Post by mtg »

This is the page shown on device status.
Screenshot 2021-04-08 202010.png
Screenshot 2021-04-08 202010.png (65.75 KiB) Viewed 382 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK sorry that was looking at a picture of a camera showing what it would offer if there was an update... here is the NVR.. And yes I have a Remote camera offline until my son can get to the other house and Reboot the camera after he gets off work I would but I am far from it..

For your AI camera or any other camera if there isn't one on the website and it is a NEW camera like your AI is then there isn't one.. IF you look at my Second Picture after I click the Detect you can see both pictures have same FW yet the top one says what yours says...
TobeUpgraded.png
TobeUpgraded.png (530.72 KiB) Viewed 380 times
after pressing detect
afterpressingdetect.png
afterpressingdetect.png (528.74 KiB) Viewed 380 times
Be Safe.
mtg

Post by mtg »

I don't have the "detect" button, even on ActiveX version.