IP8M-2685EW-AI-GB I am so far impressed

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

IP8M-2685EW-AI-GB I am so far impressed

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So yesterday I got my 8mp IP camera that I thought was not going to show up after it missed it's 930am to 130pm time frame. It did get here at 6pm. So I have been doing some testing with another 8mp camera and thought I would for just the sake of testing position this Turret camera behind the other to see if it was any good or not. I have to say I am impressed so far.

In this video I wanted to do a search and see if the AI NVR and Ai camera was able to pick up same things my 7108-AI DVR with a camera in the same area of View however the camera is a zoom camera so I thought the 7108 might have better ability to capture all vehicles that go by. As we know there just are some Vehicles that don't get captured for 1 reason or another at night. During the day that isn't an issue 95% of the time.

Anyway I did a Search with the AI NVR that my Amcrest AI camera was connected to and sure enough it not only captured that one Truck my 7108-AI DVR recorded it also captured another one. Since making that video there has been 4 other vehicles that has gone by that the AI camera has captured that my 7108-AI DVR is still only showing the 1 capture lol. I am very impressed with this AI Camera from Amcrest. Even with the FOV being so far away it is recording everything that passes by.

I am not a big 8mp camera lover in any way. I do have 2 8mp Analog cameras that work well enough and thought I should try another IP 8mp to see if it would be better then the 3 I already own. 1 older 2014 8mp Dahua Box camera, a Bullet style 8mp zoom camera and I have another 8mp Amcrest 2496v2. Out of all the 8mp cameras I own I have to admit the 2685 has me impressed..

Anyway here is a video I made, it is short. This isn't a review or anything as I will maybe do a Review video and more indepth video of the cameras abilities. I will admit there is only 1 thing so far I am not a fan of with that camera and with any luck maybe a new update they can change that. Because I have an older 4mp Dahua pro with Audio and with that camera it isn't a choose 1 for all. I have the ability to setup different audio for different rules and that can be added to this camera as well very easy..

https://youtu.be/NERp18U1gOA
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-2685EW-AI-GB I am so far impressed

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so I guess the GB is nothing special and just a Mis-Print. Humm wonder if that makes it worth more later in life lol JK. I do really like this camera. 341 and 10 people on my DVR. On the NVR there is a net total on the AI NVR with the 8mp AI camera 369. So that means there was 18 last night that didn't get detected in my DVR. I think it is awesome this 2685 is that much better even at the odd distance it is placed and with the odd placement as a whole.. Just thought I would mention that.. Even the 8mp Dahua only picked up 268 objects in the Intrusion of that channel and while that camera isn't setup for Vehicle or Human I do have it setup rather well for that size of object now days. Where before I made the adjustments it would pick up cats and dogs even the skunk and Racon that happened by.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So today I thought I would do a Short video of the camera still in the same position that I have had it in. Looking at the 7108-AI dVR there was only 2 Vehicles that was detected since 12 midnight as I have said the DVR reboots every night in relation to the count of what is seen is reset so might as Reboot at the same time. At that midnight time this NVR that my camera is connected to is also rebooted and the camera picked up 12 event where my camera with a closer view only seen 2 aka Recorded 2 of them event and the camera is placed in this odd space and is able to pick up everything without fail. I really do love this camera to be fair I am not a real big fan of 8mp camera as I have more then 20 lower MP cameras in use. The Amcrest IP8M-TD2685EW-AI has changed my mind some on what I think about 8mp cameras that is for sure..

Video https://youtu.be/nXRUgDouu0U

Thank you
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So that will be the last video with that camera at that location. I have the Dove back and it looks like maybe she will do another Clutch there at her nesting site, So I removed the camera and I put a 4mp zoom camera there. I am not sure how well it will do there really but it is a Mini PTZ camera so I just want to have something there this time as all the other times it was not on Video and I think if she is ok with the new camera there. She came back and did her little dance on the site. After about 10min she left again so I thought I better get the Amcrest camera out of there before it was forced to stay there because once she lays her eggs I wouldn't want to bother her.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here is a picture of her in her nest. I feel very honored to have her nest here and raise her Clutch. Yeah yeah it's a picture off the monitor to lazy to log in lol
20230608_204916.jpg
20230608_204916.jpg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 2930 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So little over 2 months now I have had this camera. While I am still little impressed I have lost some of that feeling over these last 2 months if I am honest.

Tonight it just did a Reset at 2am as it does. While i don't always watch my systems reboot I just happen to watch my NVR as the Picture went offline and waited for it to return. I was not very happy to see that it came back online 1-1-2000 and 12am.. Now to be fair it wasn't long before the camera was updated with the Right 2023 time but there is no reason a new camera should have a dead backup battery for the CLOCK within the short amount of time that I have owned it.. I mean a Reboot isn't even a Power failure it is just a reboot so why in the world would the clock go back to 2000 on a reboot..
Be Safe