IP8M-2599ew firmware??

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bkilinski

IP8M-2599ew firmware??

Post by bkilinski »

Hi all,

Just unboxed my camera and setting it up. Went to download the firmware but there are NO matches for this model number. I searched this forum and only saw one match for this model number. Anyone know what gives?!

Thank you for looking and hope you may help :D
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP8M-2599ew firmware??

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So New camera if your camera has a Release FW of 2019 or 2020 it might be that there has not been any security issues or known issues that has required a NEW FW for a new camera...

Then there might be others that say they have 2 cameras from same model and have different FW versions and while this could also be true it might be that the Time of Release of camera has a FW for hardware inside that the other one don't have so it could have been released with a different FW to cure any issue that the different Hardware (Circuit board components) and there is no new FW that has been released that would match both Hardware version at this time.. Lastly if someone bought a camera off Ebay or some other Grey market website that has used FW from some other company that is outside the scope of Amcrest and a new FW will come when the R&D department sees a need.. If it isn't broke don't fix it...

I have some other hardware from different CCTV companies and some of it is dated. I ask was told by that support staff They don't provide FW updates and yet on the website it warns users not to use 3rd party FW as it will void the warranty.. Just makes me mad that they use same name for items and easy to confuse people that have same looking same number different functions and then told it is same just different release and older even 2 months older product can't have the FW of the other 2 months newer item it is BS to me.. Amcrest has a good support in most all cases maybe not rolling out as fast as some people want but they stand behind the product
Try to Avoid CCA Networking Cables They are JUNK PERIOD!
Where there is Life there is Hope
James
bkilinski

Post by bkilinski »

Thank you for the welcoming message.

I have been using Amcrest cameras since 2017 or so. My biggest concern are potential security issues the firmware, web server, deprecated TLS ciphers, etc...

I understand your concept of different firmwares for the same model potentially due to different circuitry (sound board, I/O board, etc...) as long as the product works with the specs intended, the customer will be okay. The headache comes when support has to deal with multiple hardware revisions for the same camera.

Thanks again!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes and while that might be the case I am guessing that if in fact they had that issue like the same with 841 v1 and v2. While I can't confirm that they are different in the Circuits seeing I have not researched that. What I do know for sure is the V3 is clearly in my research is something way out of being the same and might be why it wouldn't be something easily tucked in with older 1 and 2. However 1 and 2 are so close if different that after v2 camera was released I am sure there was some FW that might have been different until a combined software could make it so both units wouldn't reject the other.. I personally have not tried to Downgrade every FW update to my 841's However if I had to guess the area between V2 and 1 was with the release of a total different FW number from what it was once before. Then some of the V1's had FW9 and V2 was released with FW10 and the FW11 that has a Different FW Number scheme was to make the 2 cameras into 1 system on the same software.. Then 2 years later the next update that sent the cameras back to the normal FW number scheme comes where the cameras are now using Java and then the V3 release is a camera that in my research really should have just been released as a different model all together but is close enough in style and the V1 and 2 have been a VERY good seller to removed the model could be bad for business..

In the end when a New FW if released it should just be built to work with both versions..
Try to Avoid CCA Networking Cables They are JUNK PERIOD!
Where there is Life there is Hope
James