IP8M-2597 live video issues

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
GaryPSU

IP8M-2597 live video issues

Post by GaryPSU »

While watching live video on my POE IP8M-2597 camera, after a while the video freezes. Also, an object in motion often leaves a “trail” of partial previous frames. These problems happen at various resolution settings. Any ideas?
patric

Re: IP8M-2597 live video issues

Post by patric »

The "trail" is due to a slow shutter speed. They are actually short time exposures that make the scene appear brighter.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

This could also be an issue with your Network cabling... Ensure that your cables are True TIA/EIA UL listed cables and not some CCA cables that are only keeping your camera running on borrowed time... Sadly most cases when CCA cables fail it will take or could take and destroy the device it is powering and worse yet for some the POE Switch...One of my IP cameras is over 1400 USD and is POE+ powered if I don't put it on a good cable it can cause issues...

Most times Shutter speed can be a Motion Blur factor however so can network connection issues.. If you have a Managed Switch look at the Port and I am going to guess it will have loads of Errors for send and recv packets... Even might have some Pauses

Edit: Adding a Picture of one of my Switches that has 811 drops to one of my Routers that it powers over POE... The drops are because the Router is a outdoor router that is connected with one of my Cameras over distance and when it is expecting a from the camera but camera fails it drops the packet This is only one that has any type of Errors on my network but you can see in this Switch there errors area that I was referring to.. Might help you find out if yours is managed if you have issues looking at Port Data...
Screenshot (1629).png
Screenshot (1629).png (37.09 KiB) Viewed 588 times
Be Safe.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

Thank you for the responses. I’ve been watching the live view on an iPad using the Amcrest View pro for iPad. I just tried using the Amcrest view pro for the iPhone and expanded it to fit the iPad screen. It appears to work fine - without freezing or stuttering. The aspect ratio is different too - better. Maybe the iPad app has a problem.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

When comparing the two apps, be sure you are using the same video stream by clicking HD icon on live screen and checking for SD or HD. HD would be using much more bandwidth.