IP8M-2496E and RTMP

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Welshwood

IP8M-2496E and RTMP

Post by Welshwood »

I have an IP8M-2496EB - not sure if it's a v1 or v2. It has the following software levels:

Software VersionV2.622.00AC000.0.R, Build Date: 2021-08-16
WEB VersionV3.2.1.677800
ONVIF Version16.12(V2.4.3.651299)

I want to follow the suggested Amcrest article for using RTMP to Live Stream my feed via YouTube. The article suggests going to Setup>>Network>>RTMP through the web user interface for the camera. But I am not seeing RMTP. Think it should have been listed between UPnP and HTTPS, but there's nothing between these two entries.

Any suggestions?

Thx in advance, Alan.
Welshwood

Re: IP8M-2496E and RTMP

Post by Welshwood »

Pinging a dummy reply to try and provoke some answers. Nothing suggested since original post :-(
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Yeah. Pretty limited input here.

The first suggestion would be to investigate a firmware upgrade. Notice the operative term 'investigate' prior to just blindly downloading and installing whatever they may have available these days. Two schools of thought on that. Mine is, "If it ain't broke...".

The second (and much safer) suggestion would be to investigate a workaround to the port setting not being readily available in the Amcrest options. Look carefully at the YouTube requirements and how you may be able to simply integrate the rtmp protocol into the connection anyway by just using the suggested YouTube method/url approach with port 1935 and see what happens. Alternatively you could substitute the 554 RTSP port in the Amcrest config with the 1935 RTMP port and try that route.

But out of curiosity after typing the above...

I just did a port scan of a IP5M-B1186EB and indeed discovered port 1935 alive and well even though it's not a configurable option in the current firmware or listed as an available port on their spec sheet. 'Course neither is RTSP, so....

My money is on 1935 already being open by default on that 2496 regardless of V.1 or V.2.
Welshwood

Post by Welshwood »

Thx for the suggested course of actions!

It appears my IP8M-2496E camera is a V1, because there's only one Firmware available for that camera, and that's the number I have! So nothing to try there.

The challenge with inserting the YouTube URL is that there doesn't appear to be anywhere I can insert it in the Amcrest setup screens! I have attached a couple of screen images to show you what I mean. (Must admit I'm not that familiar with all this, so maybe I'm making a silly mistake somewhere? But under Network on the left hand side you can see I don't have an RTSP or RTMP option where I could (I assume) select it and enter any YT URL).

Any suggestions?
Attachments
Amcrest Network UPnP Setup Screen.png
Amcrest Network UPnP Setup Screen.png (178.46 KiB) Viewed 77 times
Amcrest Network Connection Setup Screen.png
Amcrest Network Connection Setup Screen.png (216.72 KiB) Viewed 77 times
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The YouTube stuff will be associated with their required parameters for receiving the stream from the camera and configure externally with them through your channel's user interface..., not anything special configured in the camera except the RTMP port and maybe a change to the TCP port.

In this particular case and as suggested, you can try substituting the RTMP port 1935 for the 554 RTSP port in the camera's config and see it that works.

You could also do a port scan of your camera to verify an RTMP port is even open. I'm betting it is. If that is the case you can probably just roll with the YouTube configuration instructions and peck away at it from that angle.
Welshwood

Post by Welshwood »

Amcrest Network Connection RTSP Port Change Screen.png
Amcrest Network Connection RTSP Port Change Screen.png (137.79 KiB) Viewed 72 times
If I go Network > Connection and change RTSP port to 1935 I get a Port Conflict error message :-(

Sorry - beginning to realise I'm a bit of a numpty on this subject! But hopefully I'm following your suggestions correctly?

Next suggestion?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Sorry. I neglected to consider the NVR being in the mix. Which NVR? And is it doing the POE and DHCP for everything vs. an independent switch?
Welshwood

Post by Welshwood »

No NVR. Camera is obviously hanging off a POE switch.

Under Network > TCP/IP it does have Mode DHCP clicked. This wasn't something I did, so I presume this is set by default?
Welshwood

Post by Welshwood »

...quick additional comment, in case its relevant...

I don't record using an NVR, nor is there one anywhere on my home network. I use an SD card to save recordings.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I guess that clears up the conflict being with the NVR!

Does it go camera > switch > router > cable modem (or to whatever Internet demarc)?