IP5M-T1277EW-AI - LED on all the time at night!

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP5M-T1277EW-AI - LED on all the time at night!

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes do all your setup in the Day profile seeing your system is set for Full time Day.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jeffpajor

Post by jeffpajor »

That's great, thanks, let me try this other adjustment tonight and then I'm open to that... I've used lots of other amcrests with other dw installs and never had an issue with IR. But this is my first one with color night vision/white spotlight.

Get back to you after some tweaking tonight.
jeffpajor

Post by jeffpajor »

Now Amcrest support responded and says it doesn't switch between, which isn't what their Amazon listing shows... so I bought 10 of these for this specific feature and it doesn't do it... ya, may be the last time I use anything amcrest if that's the case.....

https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-Security ... NrPXRydWU=
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That is odd. When I looked up the manual for the camera pages 14 and 15 talk about the white light and IR with Smart turned on it should have IR at night until motion triggers and then white light for 30 to 300 seconds comes setup out of box for 60. So either this is manual of another camera where it was cut and paste into the 1277 manual and is a mis print or is a feature that might have been forgot in the Released FW? I mean my old DVR from long ago in the manual says it had IP channels. However before I updated the FW there was no way for me to turn on the IP channels as the manual said it had. As soon as I put in the last Update that was offered for it then I was able to turn on IP channels.

Maybe. Don't know wish I had one to try and setup myself so I had better info about what it has or don't..
Be Safe
jeffpajor

Post by jeffpajor »

I agree. They said no it doesn't work that way, you have to use the AI features, but those are just for flashing the white LED and setting off the siren when detecting a car or person, neither of which I want to do. Their own amazon listing says it goes from IR to White LD automatically, actually by default, which I assume to mean out of the box. Support seems sort of useless.....
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I understand!? You have a ticket in and in a Reply from Support they said it don't offer what the manual and what the Website says it will do?

I would hate to say this. But I would ask them for another copy of the FW if it isn't already on the FW page. If there is one even if the same FW that you already are using I would install the FW again and then do a Factory Reset of the camera.. It would be helpful if you had one that I was able to connect to so I could also take a look at the Cameras settings so I have a better idea of what is going on. I don't own one myself so it is hard to see first hand what is going on. This camera is a New camera to Amcrest. However they should know the features it has. I am not sure why one would think it was not an option when in the manual it says 14 and page 15 about what your trying to do. I am not sure by default, Only thing I seen by default was that it was 60 seconds setup for timer. However I didn't look over the whole system..

It could be an issue with the FW install.
Be Safe
jeffpajor

Post by jeffpajor »

Firmware isnt listed on the website.... so I'm not sure how I would reload...

I add that user for you to play with one of them.... at night you can see it's pretty dark so no IR but you can fire up the white LED no issue. I asked for a copy of the firmware.
retiredandhappy

Post by retiredandhappy »

Hello,
I currently have the IP8M-2779EW-AI and also trying to set up smart illumination.The most expensive model IP8M-DT3949EW-3AI advertises
'This AI PoE Camera is equipped with active deterrents including a boisterous 110db siren alarm and an illuminating built-in spotlight that can be triggered manually or by motion detection to scare away would-be criminals. 'this is quoted on the brochure.I haven't been able to set up my camera yet,I am wondering if this feature is reserved only for the expensive model.If I can get mine working I will post a solution
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The 2779 is setup to work just like the 1277. So be sure to work in the right profile. Let's say (day) then setup the light for smart if you want the light to turn on and have color come on. However if you want it to flash to help warn away intruders then leave the light info to IR and in event area. If using motion make sure to enable SMD or setup IVS rule then in motion or the rule for your type of IVS choose to turn on the white light. Flicker Medium is default settings. Then under that is Period. You will want to set up a time you want it to flash like let's say 7pm to 7am the time between 7am and 7pm will be empty and won't flash
Be Safe