IP5M-T1179EW & Surveillance Station - can't Add Camera

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mdelvecchio

IP5M-T1179EW & Surveillance Station - can't Add Camera

Post by mdelvecchio »

Hey folks,

I got a IP5M-T1179EW for use with my Synology NAS' Surveillance Station module. It's listed as a supported camera in the Synology tool for looking up cameras.

However, I can't seem to add the camera. Things I have done:

- Plugged the camera into my Amcrest POE router
- (the NAS is also plugged into this same router)
- ran the Amcrest IP Config tool to get its IP
- did a firmware upgrade to latest .BIN for my camera
- signed into the Web UI interface via browser
- changed the default password
- made the NAS config edits per: https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... a-To-A-NAS
- opened Surveillance Station and tried to use the Add Camera screens

...problem is, SS is unable to find my camera. It doesn't do it automatically, and when I do it manually, keying in the IP info, it does't test successfully. I have tried it by entering in:

- IP address
- port
- Brand
- Model
- (username unchanged)
- Password

As in the below screenshot. But I get an error as in the next screenshot.

I've also tried enabling UPnP, even tho these devices are on the same local network.

Any idea what next?

Thanks!

https://imgur.com/HGqcx4l

https://imgur.com/TkUX6Ul
mdelvecchio

Re: IP5M-T1179EW & Surveillance Station - can't Add Camera

Post by mdelvecchio »

I have a support ticket to Amcrest but nothing back this week yet.
mdelvecchio

Post by mdelvecchio »

I found the problem on my own. My Amcrest POE switch had its "VLAN" toggle set to On. Had to switch it to Off. Now devices on the POE switch can ping the IP camera, and Surveillance Station can find and add the camera.

Dunno why Amcrest never suggested this. Tech Support FTW
mdelvecchio

Post by mdelvecchio »

I asked Amcrest what this was, they said:

"Leave the VLAN off. The V-Lan option gives all the port individual segments which is not advisable for your setup."

...makes sense but shame it took weeks of messing around after the initial 45-minute tech support phone call...at no point did they mention this dopey little toggle!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure I understand. Surveillance Station is that a Amcrest device? If it isn't how do they know what is the issue with a device they don't work on. You having stumbled on this is now something they can add to a memo (If this Check for that) however in truth having Amcrest help trying to connect their device to a 3rd Party device longer then a Minute is much better support then would come from others I own hardware from...

For any one else that has an Issue with Synology Hardware might be better asking someone from there what the issue might be. Might not take weeks or even Minutes when it is their hardware/software.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe