IP5M-B1186EW won't hard reset & can't delete from NV4108E

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
timothy585

IP5M-B1186EW won't hard reset & can't delete from NV4108E

Post by timothy585 »

I was trying to save the current tour sequence and thought I was saving the current config to OPERATION > SYSTEM MAINTENANCE > DEFAULT.

Anyway, I lost comms with one of my cameras...seems the password to re-connect with the camera is incorrect, even though it still works fine with the other camera. I tried a hard-reset by holding the RESET button the camera for longer than 30 seconds. Well, the camera is "Discovered" in the top window, but I cannot delete the .129 "Backyard" camera in the bottom window for some reason. The trash can is grayed out.

I can ADD the device to the bottom window, but I cannot delete the old camera (red status) on port 2.

What am I doing wrong? I swear, sometimes this software drives me nuts...

Thanks.
Reset.JPG
Reset.JPG (168.45 KiB) Viewed 160 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP5M-B1186EW won't hard reset & can't delete from NV4108E

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Click the pencil and change password to admin. Looks like you are working with POE camera connected to port. Only cameras that can be deleted are ones not on port. Only way to remove ported cameras is unplug camera.
Normally reset camera will default to admin admin. If the camera is Amcrest or Dahua otherwise look up info from camera provider
Be Safe.
timothy585

Post by timothy585 »

That was it.

Appreciate the help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad you hear you got it sorted. If you are connecting other cameras that don't have same Password, You can do a password change on the NVR, even to the same password you are using already, after making the change it will ask if you want to change the connected devices if you yes/ok then all the other cameras will get the same password as the NVR. It is a very bad idea to keep the cameras setup as admin admin..
Be Safe.