IP5M-1190W won't except larger than 32gb SD card

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
randywatson

IP5M-1190W won't except larger than 32gb SD card

Post by randywatson »

My new IP5M-1190W won't except larger than 32gb SD card, even tried formatting but failed.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP5M-1190W won't except larger than 32gb SD card

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the froum

Had an 1190W for a short order. Less then a week. I since replaced with ASH47 While I don't like the idea that the ASH47 is a Smart Home product. It is built much better then the 1190w was.. Also didn't know until just the other day that the 64 gb MSD I had in the 1190w is no longer useable even though it was a new card. I have tried many different cameras and all fail to find it even the computer while it can see some files it can't access them..

Just keep in mind it has to be formatted FAT32. The Website says it will work with 256gb then they had to have tested and it worked without issue. I am going to guess that maybe the Micro SD your using isn't the quality it is looking for. I have some MSD cards that will work in YI, Nest and some other brand JUNK cameras and won't work in the Amcrest and some other brands of cameras I own that are Security Camera quality. Needs to be v10 or better I have some that don't last as long as the WD Purple that I started to buy because they offer 3 years warranty.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP5M-1190W won't except larger than 32gb SD card

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If still having issues here is a topic of Formatting Micro SD cards from Amcrest..

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... croSD-Card
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe